Thread: 392 BTR Cam Tuning

Potential Tuner

Question 392 BTR Cam Tuning

Hi Everyone, im kinda struggling to tune my srt8 Challenger after a cam swap. The Car is a 2011 Challenger srt8 with the 6.4. As far as engine work goes, i went with a BTR Truck Norris camshaft 212/230 duration .587/.586 lift 109.5 LSA. BTR 6.4 beehive springs, mopar non mds lifters, btr chromoly pushrods, 4 degree vvt limiter, melling 10425hv oil pump, new timing set. The OEM heads have been ported, valves were cleaned and lapped and verified for sealing. obviously all gaskets and seals have been replaced too. other then that just simple things like a ported throttle body, cold air intake, exhaust, and catchcan.

Anyways ive done some tuning before but i am still new at it and this is my first dodge as opposed to a gm. so naturally this crap is confusing as hell lol.

so far ive gotten it to the point where it will idle and drive but cold starts are a struggle and it is down on power, i havent messed with the fueling yet since to be perfectly honest i dont know how with these dodges. i know the idle is rich as a pig. really absolutely any advice yall have would be great. ill post my tune file as soon as i can for yall to go through.

I help with a remote tune. [email protected]

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by SRT392Mayhem View Post
    Hi Everyone, im kinda struggling to tune my srt8 Challenger after a cam swap. The Car is a 2011 Challenger srt8 with the 6.4. As far as engine work goes, i went with a BTR Truck Norris camshaft 212/230 duration .587/.586 lift 109.5 LSA. BTR 6.4 beehive springs, mopar non mds lifters, btr chromoly pushrods, 4 degree vvt limiter, melling 10425hv oil pump, new timing set. The OEM heads have been ported, valves were cleaned and lapped and verified for sealing. obviously all gaskets and seals have been replaced too. other then that just simple things like a ported throttle body, cold air intake, exhaust, and catchcan.

Anyways ive done some tuning before but i am still new at it and this is my first dodge as opposed to a gm. so naturally this crap is confusing as hell lol.

so far ive gotten it to the point where it will idle and drive but cold starts are a struggle and it is down on power, i havent messed with the fueling yet since to be perfectly honest i dont know how with these dodges. i know the idle is rich as a pig. really absolutely any advice yall have would be great. ill post my tune file as soon as i can for yall to go through.
    i can take care of you if you need remote tuning or a base map.

Tuner in Training
    Airflow is usually the cold start culprit, Post the tune and a log.

That cam works wonders in a 5.7 , in a 6.4 it's an "also ran" type cam, form our testing, it's about 25-30 HP over stock.
    Gonzo= 14 Ram 4x2 441Ci 9:90s on pump 93
    Lazy boy= 12 Ram 4x2 362Ci 11:80s on pump 93
    The Bee= 04 Rumble Bee 4x2 370ci 10:60s on pump 93