Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ecoboost Mustang dummy check

Tuner
    Looks like you're the "go-to" guy for tuning Ecoboost Mustangs!
    What current modifications are you running? and have you ever taken your car to the 1/4 mile track??

Advanced Tuner
    3" turbo back exhaust and intercooler, though the exhaust is a 3" downpipe that chokes to the stock 2.25", then the cat back takes from that back to 3"... It's something that I've been meaning to fix.
    Haven't been to the strip in ages, so couldn't tell you any of those numbers, if I can find a good empty stretch of road I might try the gauge cluster 1/4 mile timing.

Edit:
    I have walked a 5.0 with a cat back before, so it's at least that fast. lol
    Last edited by Seishuku; 1 Week Ago at 12:54 PM.

Tuner
    I've removed/ disabled some modifications to run my best tune, a 93 octane stage 3 tune, while I try to develop a Flex Fuel tune. So our cars now have similar modifications. I have a custom 3" cold air intake and the race CVF intercooler, a 3" catless downpipe and I've updated my bypass valve and wastegate to the TurboSmart plumb back BOV and TurboSmart wastegate with 10 lb spring. Still running the stock long block, 10R80 automatic transmission with 3.15 gears. With these mods and this tune, I run the 1/4 mile with an ET of 12.60, burning blended fuel.
    I'm hoping to be able to use the enabled flex fuel tuning options to knock another 1/10 of a second off my ET, and then start adding back my other modifications, one at a time, with the correct electronic tuning modifications.
    PS: Thanks for sharing your information!!
    Last edited by Coyote Chaser; 1 Week Ago at 04:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, no problem! I'm a firm believer in sharing info, especially when it comes to tuning.

I suspect that I'd run slightly slower than 12.6 with my manual trans, but it's probably real close.

Something that I'll have to do in the future is a larger turbo... Not really for more power, just to get some of the strain off the stock turbo and lower the charge temps more.
    Probably will end up with an NX2, but I've also been eyeing the FRP upgrade turbo as well (as far as I understand, it's slightly larger than the Focus RS turbo, which has a slightly larger compressor than the Mustang's turbo).

Tuner
    I have heard some guys talk about different Turbochargers over at mustang ecoboost net. But I haven't done any research on any of the more current ones available.
    I have a 1st generation NX, which I have de-tuned to run at 20 lbs of boost. I had it cranked up at one time and my car ran slower and hotter for some reason.
    When I get to my laptop, I'll post my 93 octane stage 3 tune. I didn't build it myself, I got it from another independent tuner, who modeled it off of a stage 3 tune he ran on his street/strip Ecoboost Mustang.

Tuner
    Been shadowing a lot of the other 2.3t engine threads outside of contributing to the ranger stuff. I believe you had some input on some of those before Seishuku so thanks for that.

Figured you and others may find some interest in the ranger side of things - here is my log from today with boostane in the tank (dont have any E on me lately)

ruby_5_14_2024.hpl

I'd like to figure out how to keep the torque going to about 5k rpm, not sure if you have any insights on this.
    Last edited by Rbelar21; 1 Week Ago at 01:35 PM.