Thread: Help dial in this tune please.

Tuner in Training

Help dial in this tune please.

This is an 05 gto LS2 with the following mods. 10% under drive, comp double roller timing set, Melling HO oil pump, volant cold air, ported factory intake and throttle body, FAST large bore duel feed fuel rails with LS3 injectors, ported 243 heads, Manley race flow valves, BTR .660 double spring set, Comp Magnum Roller Tip 1.8 degree rockers, BTR Redhot cam, 0.040 Cometic MLS head gaskets, ARP head bolts, Kooks long tubes, cat delete, magnaflow all the way back, OE coil packs, OE plug wires, NGK plugs, new Denso O2 sensors, AEM wideband, upgraded radiator and trans cooler, 3600 FTI stall, fully built 4L65E no cut corners, hardened sonnax shafts, 4l79E smart housing, borg sprag, all new sonnax internals.

Ive not had the time nor patience to work on the tune lately and a soured business relationship thats disolving has consumed my focus. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. I had this tune dialed into a previous cam and dropped 3 valves recently and completely rebuilt the top end replacing everything after breaking the rocker stands. Main problem im having is first off my focus is terrible but my trims I cant get in to a good place and I stay rich over what the AEM will even read.

1.hpl
    New Hot Fuel.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Okay injector data has been updated and a new log ran.
    Tune Attempt 1 5-7 inj data mod2.hpt
    new.hpl

It always makes me happy when I make edits to someone's file and instead of using that file they try to copy over the changes I made into their original file, not knowing that there are things I can see & edit that they can't.

screenshot.08-05-2024 04.54.15.png

Aside from that, that's a bunch of changes to make all at once, are you sure you have solid reasoning to do those things? Why the 2 bar OS on a N/A LS2?

Tuner in Training
    Oh dang my friend. My apologies. I was out and had my laptop and saw you post with the .xls file. I thought you were suggesting taking the .hpt and updating injector data. I never thought to look at the comparison log. Friendly suggestion and now I see you were clearly helping is say hey bud made same changes upload this file and log. I appreciate your help greatly and thank you for taking my blinders off.

Last night I made some time and looked at my log and made changes to power enrich based on lambda commanded and actuals, high octane based on my spark advance, and some adjustments to my VE based on the LTFT and the map and rpm locations of occurrence. I compared yours and mine now that I see you made changes.

I?ll go back and write your file and log some data in a little bit when I run some errands. To be honest my reasoning has been horrible lately due to stress of losing my business due to my partner stealing everything. Rather than sit and interpret data I?ve just been irrational. I have no rationale for 2 bar but I had saw somewhere to apply the 15000mhz patch due to loss of reading at a certain frequency range and extending that reading range on the LS2 for better tuning.

I have done the emissions school stuff and received the authorization for opening advanced features that were lost when whichever upgrade came out that required that training to get those features back.

Thank you again for you taking the time to make all the changes you did. I apologize that I was just that guy who tried to update data to my file and failed to look at the change comparison log. You?ve opened my eyes. Not a lot of guys like you that help. I appreciate it and look forward to reporting back the logs.

No, in the file I posted only the injector data was changed, and the Cat/Post O2 tests that you can't get to in your version of the editor.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    No, in the file I posted only the injector data was changed, and the Cat/Post O2 tests that you can't get to in your version of the editor.
    I saw that I had the wrong compare file open. I got your file in and have been patiently working on my tables. It?s becoming a lot more happy. Surprising how much VE I?ve had to add for this cam and timing corrections in my octane tables. Have really messed with power enrichment too much but see it needs to come up. Made one small adjustment to it to help lean condition above 47% TP.

Overall full trims are a lot better. Pushed my timing to a little bit of knock and pulled some back. Still need to find time to adjust from last log and then get ready for some WOT SD with WB. I appreciate the change you made it definitely made a big difference where my trims were fighting me.