Thread: GM A8 - do these TC locking speeds look weird?

Tuner in Training

GM A8 - do these TC locking speeds look weird?

I've recently got to look at my TC locking speeds for A8 and I can't understand what will be the best strategy for them and now I'm not quite sure I got them right at all. For example at 50% TPS 3->4 shift is happening at 106 km/h, release speed at 50% for 3rd is 21 km/h and lock speed for 4th is 30 km/h. Does this mean that TC will unlock and immediately lock after the 3->4 shift?

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Please weigh in on the subject if you have tuned 8L45/90

Potential Tuner
    Is this the original factory procedure? Please send your program and log. So you can analyze.

I disable TCC in lower gears. Example is 6LX0e. I only have lockup in 5th and 6th gear. No lockup in any gear with WOT

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland_Price View Post
    I've recently got to look at my TC locking speeds for A8 and I can't understand what will be the best strategy for them and now I'm not quite sure I got them right at all. For example at 50% TPS 3->4 shift is happening at 106 km/h, release speed at 50% for 3rd is 21 km/h and lock speed for 4th is 30 km/h. Does this mean that TC will unlock and immediately lock after the 3->4 shift?

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Please weigh in on the subject if you have tuned 8L45/90
    When the vehicle is coasting or braking, the tcc unlock will appear, the third gear is 35, the fourth gear is 29, and the other unlock situations occur in the corresponding place of the tps. In the form you provided, the 50% unlocked is 2 gear.