Thread: Automatic transmission to 4 speed standard

Potential Tuner

Automatic transmission to 4 speed standard

I have a 78 C10 with a 4.8 from a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 that originally had a automatic transmission. It now has a SM465 4 speed.

in the engine section I have changed the
    • Drivetrain abuse RPM to 5500

In the transmission section I have changed the
    • Trans type to manual
    • PRNDL to none
    • disabled Abuse Mode

Am I missing anything? Should I change anything else?

More info will be needed. What PCM do you have? I usualy will change to a manual transmission OS then modify from there. Easy to swap over the other stuff like displacement, injector data, timing, etc.

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Manual12613246.hpt

Leave the transmission type as 4L60e and just go through the entire DTC's list and disable anything transmission related. I'd raise the drivetrain abuse way up to 7,000rpm and set the mph to zero.

Also go into the system options and put a zero in the cell if brake torque mngt is on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    My OS is 12587811

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Leave the transmission type as 4L60e and just go through the entire DTC's list and disable anything transmission related. I'd raise the drivetrain abuse way up to 7,000rpm and set the mph to zero.

Also go into the system options and put a zero in the cell if brake torque mngt is on.
    Thanks for the help.
    I disabled all transmission related in the DTC's list, raised the RPM to 6600 and set the mph to zero and also turned off the brake torque mngt.
    I left the transmission type as manual or do I need to change it back to 4L60e.

Senior Tuner
    Change it to non electric auto if you are going to stay with the AT OS. There are advantages to just starting with an OS that was originally for a MT as there are differences in the engine cal between a AT and MT OS.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Change it to non electric auto if you are going to stay with the AT OS. There are advantages to just starting with an OS that was originally for a MT as there are differences in the engine cal between a AT and MT OS.
    Not to mention the idle and coast down rpm stuff. Oh and anything that might be in there that we don't even see with HP tuners. Maybe It's just easy because I have the option of SPS to do this with.