Thread: High STFTs while MAF & VE Tuning

Tuner in Training

High STFTs while MAF & VE Tuning

I have just started attempting to tune my LS swap. I just swapped a 91 Camaro RS to a 2001 LQ4, 2005 CTSV Cam, LS6 intake, 42# Bosch injectors, 4" intake. The tune is a frankenstein of a 2001 Camaro 4L60e segment swap, 2005 CTSV base tune, and 2001 Camaro fueling. I've tried to do as much research as I can (GRG, HPA, etc) but I know I have no idea what I'm doing. I just added an AEM 30-300 wideband and now I'm trying to tune MAF & VE. It seems pretty straight forward but what I don't understand why I can get those table to start zeroing in but if I check the STFTs, i see numbers from -1 to -13. Shouldn't the STFTs but zeroing in just like the MAF & VE tables? I'll attach my starting VE tune (after I attempted MAF tune) and the tune to where I'm at now after ten drives.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Step #1... FIX YOUR INJECTOR DATA... If you truly put 42# per hour injectors into the engine... why does the tune show 37's??????????????????? 25" tires and 2.73 gears? Really.. is that correct?

Looking at your last log-step 9 hpl-----I would highlight the ENTIRE VE table, and multiply by .91.. That will reduce the entire table by 9%. Then burn it... that will put you significantly closer than you are right now. And... on your next log you MUST increase your cell hits in each of the graphs to at least 10... cell hits.. When I view the cell hits box right now it shows O.... Which can't be right... but.. if you are not at 10 cell hits for the STFT VE graph-do that now, after burning the 9% reduction in, and drive it again.... OR... Fix your injector data FIRST as you will have to retune EVERYTHING after you update your injector data to correct data! Any tuning you do now, is just wasted time UNTIL you get the injector data sorted. Your tune currently shows that you have a returnless fuel system, with 37 lb/hr injectors. All air tables are going to be dependent on the injector data being correct. If the injector data is WRONG, then EVERY AIR TABLE IN YOUR TUNE IS GOING TO BE WRONG... You CANNOT make a good tune with bad injector data. Please tell us what type of fuel system you are running.. Are you running a vacuum fuel pressure regulated system. Are you using a Corvette filter? Are you running a returnless system with a self regulating pump in the tank? TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the first feedback. I think I'll take you direction to start over with the injector data. I actually did start with the Bosch 42# injector data (attached xls) and then got freaked out when I started it up and the STFTs for the first start up (Edit 11 attached) after it was highly lean. My next step was to immediately adjust the entire fuel table to make it more rich.

Some of the other info. Running a stock LS6 fuel rail with Corvette filter. Aeromotive 200 LPH pump & F body hanger. I have a fuel pressure gauge showing ~58psi.
    Attached Files Attached Files