Thread: Help please. a bit over my head.

Potential Tuner

Help please. a bit over my head.

2017 GT with 87mm TB, 18+ intake w/IMRC lock and Steeda CAI. Still some minor surge around 2200RPM and lean around 3300RPM.
    I get that the IMRC delete is part of the issue. Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven't done an IMRC delete personally yet but right away I noticed under the Variable Cam tab you still have all the IMRC mapped points enabled and commanding them in the distance tables. That in itself will make the car do some wild shit.. lol. Do some homework on that in particular and it should at least get you going in the right direction. From what I've gathered you'll obviously need to disable the mapped points 1-12 under Variable Camshaft, and completely re-work the distance tables and possibly even the actual camshaft angles to regain the best performance since the cam angles are slightly different w/ the IMRC's closed.

Potential Tuner
    I'm catching that now. Reall had to start from scratch here. Car Had a Vortech on it and blew #7 ring lands out. Rebuilt N/A and now trying to get it up and running with what I was haned from the pile of parts.

Advanced Tuner
    You can run it the way you have it with minor changes. The issue you're having is with your throttle body model and you have some bad spark tables.

In car 8_3 close tune-EDIT.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Copy that! Thanks. I Jumped into this knowing about the steep learning curve. I see the differences now. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by carman; 08-05-2023 at 02:17 PM.