Thread: Help with 99-02 harness with 04 ecu...

Tuner in Training

Help with 99-02 harness with 04 ecu...

Guys I have a cousin in Grand Rapids MI that has a 99-01 stand alone harness in his obs silverado with a lm7 4l60e swap , he has an unlocked 04 ecu he purchased supposed to be unlocked and tuned for dbc , it starts up but idles way high , he can rev it and idle will hang for a good while till it gets back down to the high idle.. his friend with a ls swap mustang let him borrow his 01 ecu and it starts right up no hanging idle or anything revs up fine. he sent me his ecu i downloaded the tune and posted it. Ive never done a dbw to dbc swap so dont know what to make of it.Oscar cuz 04 ecu unkown dbc tune.hpt

I've heard it said before but *some* of the later ECU's (I'm not sure when it switched) do not have the internal drivers to control the IAC in the early throttle bodies. So.... if that ECU is missing the drivers for the IAC-meaning it left the factory as a DBW ONLY ECU, there is nothing that can be done in the tune, tables, or parameters, to fix that. I would start by pulling the SERV #'s off the white sticker on the outside of the 04 ECU, and just check/verify that the ECU has the internal drivers for the IAC.