Thread: Bad Timing Dip 1st To 2nd Shift

Bad Timing Dip 1st To 2nd Shift

What table needs to be changed to get the big timing pull out of the 1st to 2nd shift? On the rest of the shifts the timing makes a v shape, but on the 1st to 2nd shift it makes a big u shape and kills the truck. I'm not sure if its in the base minimum spark table, or the torque management torque factor. Truck is a turbo cammed 2011 Silverado with a 6l80. Here's a data log of the timing dip. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    The 6 and 8 speeds alike will calculate the time required to complete a shift under the given time frame for that calculated engine load and if it doesn't see enough time allowed it will do a "super" cut like this. The only person I've ever seen get into the actual's of what defines the shifts is Cringer with his 6 speed tuning vids. He goes by silversurfer77 I think on youtube. His videos cover the transmission side of it. Also I don't recommend getting caught up in the tm debate. Even with tm completely killed if the trans see's something not working it will still cut torque - just use common sense - if you feel it banging in gear, dial it back or if you want to use tm then use it I recommend adjusting what's defining the shift, then adjusting min spark (watch out on adjusting this too) and other tm parameters after the fact.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC