Thread: How likely will this work?

Tuner

How likely will this work?

I think a lot of gearheads are converting L92 engines to equal an LS3. There are even some Youtubers suggesting this as an economical way to get to an LS3. Not sure what anyone is doing for an operating system.

I have a 2008 GMC L92 that has been altered to equal in most all respects an LS3. I have the engine running pretty good with the original E38. The operating system is for a truck with an automatic transmission, and the car has a manual transmission.

I also have a 2008 Corvette E38 with an operating system for a standard transmission. It will start the above engine only after switching some MAP wires. Currently the engine will not run very well with this tune. Part of the reason for this is the difference in L92 injectors and LS3 injectors. 30# vrs 42#s.

If I replace all the tables and data in the corvette ECM with tables and data from the L92, using the HPT compare log, how likely will the Corvette ECM run the engine?

I have a license for both ECMs and the only reason for doing this is to change transmission and VSS influence if any.

Any discussion is welcome.

Post both files.

Tuner
    Both files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Injector data in the Corvette file is wrong - those two files have different axis scaling. Same number of cells so it will let you do a straight copy-paste, but doing that you end up with the L92's 400kPa cell pasted into the LS3's 468kPa cell. The big gnarly Offset table is the same way.

corvette trying to match gmc yukon - 19421333 injector data.hpt

I pulled data from a 2009 Silverado, which should have the same injectors (19421333/12580681), but has the same axis scaling as the '09 Corvette file. Only the injector data has been corrected, if there are other problems I didn't look for them.

Potential Tuner
    I have an '07 L92 swap with a 5spd manual and VSS works just fine on the 12614088 OS.

Here is an image of a signal generator injecting 200hz on pins 71,72. Scanner reads back 40mph.

VSS Works.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goat View Post
    I have an '07 L92 swap with a 5spd manual and VSS works just fine on the 12614088 OS.

Here is an image of a signal generator injecting 200hz on pins 71,72. Scanner reads back 40mph.

VSS Works.png
    The same OS ID was used on both manual trans & auto trans on some platforms, so the OS ID is not the determining factor. An auto trans OS won't read the manual's VSS pins, it will only listen for VSS coming in over CAN from a TCM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The same OS ID was used on both manual trans & auto trans on some platforms, so the OS ID is not the determining factor. An auto trans OS won't read the manual's VSS pins, it will only listen for VSS coming in over CAN from a TCM.
    This IS the bone stock ECM/OS from a '07 Yukon XL with the L92 & 6L80. This auto trans OS is reading VSS. I don't have a TCM, BCM or any other module. I just changed params in HP and injected a sine wave on 71/72 and I have a reading of vehicle speed.
    Last edited by Mr. Goat; 05-29-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Congrats, you're the first to make that work then.