Thread: Beginner guidance Please

Tuner in Training

Beginner guidance Please

Hi All. First time LS swapper trying to learn as much as I can. I'll take any advice/direction/feedback I can get on where to go next on tuning.

My setup is a 2001 LQ4 and 2006 4L60E swapped into a 91 Camaro. I did a block up build (first time) and used mostly the stock assembly. Local guy sold me his LS6 intake, Cam, and injectors (BR3E-EB) from his 2005 CTS-V (5.7L). Speed Engineering Long Tubes and Holley dual exhaust.
    Using the stock 411 PCM and used TunerPro/PCM Hammer to delete VATs, O2, & EGR. Segment swapped a 4L60E in place of stock 4L80E that was in the 2001 2500HD.

Got the engine in and started it up with the stock LQ4 tune and the thing ran super rich. Not having a clue at what I'm doing but trying to research and try getting this thing driveable. My first edit was to take a stock 2005 CTS-V tune and copied most of the tune over (see Edit Tracker file). Next start up seemed to idle better and was driveable but didn't feel great. Looked to be still extremely rich and I assume if was the difference from stock LQ4 28lb injectors and the 36lb injectors I bought used. Edit 2 was to reduce injector rate by 15% and also disabled trans abuse. It was much more drivable but now I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

The research continues but I'll take any advice I can get. I know I got a lot to learn but also would like to get this making progress while I do the research.

Attaching my Edit Tracker, Base Tune, Edit 1 Tune, Edit 2 Tune, Edit 1 drive scan, Edit 2 drive scan, and reference 2005 CTS-V tune.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Looks similar, but the markings on the part are BR3E-EB 0280, 158 227. Alternate part # B556V

Senior Tuner
    Most of the hits I see for BR3E-EB are EBAY Mustang injectors.

Tuner in Training
    That's what I see too

Ford Mustang GT Cobra 5.0L Bosch Gas Petrol Fuel Injectors FoMoCo B556V BR3EEB

Senior Tuner
    I would be scared to tune with those injectors without some idea where they came from. Outside of the recent indepth discussion of using injectors without being supplied the complete GM format data. You are adding in a complete unknown of whether they are even a real injector or are a counterfeit.

Although these are also EBAY, they have been confirmed to be actual GM injectors. Might have to change connectors and/or use spacers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/274424906026

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMc View Post
    Looks similar, but the markings on the part are BR3E-EB 0280, 158 227. Alternate part # B556V
    B3RE-EB (Ford P/N) and 0280158227 (Bosch P/N) are the same thing.

These are V-pattern spray injectors. Be sure they are indexed correctly. The V sprays across the port. See the photo on the injector tip? It's across the larger gap between the nozzle holes.
    https://www.injectorplanet.com/produ...-ford-br3e-e5a

For further reference, see a 2011 Mustang 5.0 fuel rail.
    2011 Mustang Rail.jpg

At least the Flow Rate vs KPA part is easy to calculate. Offset and min pulse pulled from 2011 Mustang GT tune. Only thing missing is short pulse adder.

Tune attached. Should be a big improvement.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-03-2023 at 08:44 AM.