Thread: Chugging in Drive

Potential Tuner

Chugging in Drive

2000 GMC 1500 4.8 4L60E, starts up and seems to idle fine. Once you put it in gear it will slowly start to drop rpm and then try to pull through the brakes. Any insight would help. Parts cannon includes new IAC, TPS, MAP sensor, both upstream O2s, MAF, plugs, wires, intake gaskets, TB gaskets.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adding all of the relevant idle parameters, and TPS, and trans current gear, and TCC status, and a whole slew of other stuff to your logs will help transform this into a solvable problem. Need data to diagnose and it's just not in those logs you posted.

Potential Tuner
    Alright, I?m pretty new to this whole show. I?ll do that and post results. Stupid question but what other parameters would I need?

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...oat-rope+gen-3
    (other content creators available, your mileage may vary etc.)

My very first guess based only on your description would be: TCC stuck on. And that can happen from an internal fault even with the scanner showing TCC status as not applied.

Potential Tuner
    I don?t think it?s the TCC. I pulled the lockup solenoid out and check the lockup valve in the pump to see if it was stuck. Still was doing the same thing it usually takes it a few seconds before it starts doing it. No an immediate think.