Thread: manual transmission wants to stall after deceleration

Potential Tuner

manual transmission wants to stall after deceleration

I have a 5.3L gen 3 with a manual transmission. When you are decelerating in gear and then push the clutch it wants to die. When I watch the idle air control it will degrade down to zero it is at that point when the clutch is pushed it wants to stall. Is there a way to keep the IAC from going to zero.Joe ward camaro base ltft manual idle adjustment.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Olenick View Post
    I have a 5.3L gen 3 with a manual transmission. When you are decelerating in gear and then push the clutch it wants to die. When I watch the idle air control it will degrade down to zero it is at that point when the clutch is pushed it wants to stall. Is there a way to keep the IAC from going to zero.Joe ward camaro base ltft manual idle adjustment.hpt
    Joe There is no log in your psot. Would you use these channels and post the tune and log.
    I would start with the Throttle Cracker airflow add 0.5g/s to the 400-1000rpm and 0-12 mph. In an auto it will try to surge forward but in this application you need to add air here.
    The in gear spark idle is 28* and may want to experiment and lower that to about 20*. With the added air it will need less spark and cams are very sensitive to spark especially at idle.

Your General tab Cylinder volume is set to 5.7L still. Make that 0.66594
    Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files