Thread: Supercharger bypass valve control issue

Potential Tuner

Supercharger bypass valve control issue

A couple of months back i purchased a 2017 ZL1 Camaro. After driving it for about 200 miles my supercharger seized and i had to cut the belt to get the car home. Yesterday i received my Kong X-ported lt4 supercharger and installed it. Before running the car, the tech @ Kong told me that it wasn't common for these to blow up like that and suggested that there may be a problem with the bypass control valve even something as simple as installing the vacuum lines incorrectly. all that checked out the valve opens at idle and seems to be working as designed. note that there is no check engine light on during operation but when i connected my scanner and pulled codes it showed several permanent codes relating to the bypass control valve P0033, P0034, P0101 & P0128. so, we think the car may have had some work done to it prior to me buying it. can someone take a look at the attached file and assist me in this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    I've never heard of a LT4 blower locking up like that.

I have had a whipple totally lock up and the bypass valve was bad. The diaphragm was torn. Whipple said that was the cause but I really can't see how that would do that.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've never heard of a LT4 blower locking up like that.

I have had a whipple totally lock up and the bypass valve was bad. The diaphragm was torn. Whipple said that was the cause but I really can't see how that would do that.
    I don't know man, the tech from Kong said that if the bypass valve isn't working properly the boost has nowhere to go and can lock up the blades. because the codes are permanent and not illuminating the CEL it's a possibility this car may have had an aftermarket supercharger on it and had the bypass controls disabled in the tune and they put the car back to stock before i bought it. IDK for sure