Thread: 05 Avalanche 5.3L turbo, cam in park runs decent in gear no power barely moves

Potential Tuner

05 Avalanche 5.3L turbo, cam in park runs decent in gear no power barely moves

5.3L L59 ported 706 heads truck intake sloppy stage 2 cam high volume oil pump 82lb injectors, GT45 turbo, innercooler, pac springs and pushrods new rockers and lifters. When the truck is in park it idles ok i know it needs to be better and i am still kinda new to this but i am doing this all alone. Can someone help me with this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at your base running airflow #'s. Your "In Drive" #'s are LOWER than your In Park #'s.. Should be the other way around. Putting the vehicle into gear puts more of a load on the engine, and the BRAF #'s should increase to give the engine that little bit of extra air it needs to continue a stable idle. Do the RUSS K IDLE CONFIG. i think you will find that this will immensely help your idle.

But.. before that... you MUST tune your VE Table.. Your table-correct me if I am wrong-appears to be all stock. The SS2 cam HAS over-lap.. Not much.. but it has it.. so your VE table should end up being leaner in the 400-800-1200 columns. Changing the VE Table will affect the BRAF. Tune your VE table with a wide band, then go back and do BRAF afterwards. For now, if you just want the engine to IDLE without stalling... Highlight the entire line for "IN DRIVE" and then multiply by 1.20 which will increase that line by 20% and then see how she goes.

Where is your 2 bar MAP sensor and why aren't you using the 2 bar OS for the turbo?

Your injector data is wrong too. You can't just slap the number 82.5lb/hr in the flow rate and call it good. The rest of the injector data must be correct.

Name brand injectors come will all the data you need. You need the Injector flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset vs volts data.

Cheap ebay injectors are junk and never come with data like that, so you must fix this. Injector data is a set and forget table, once changed to the correct values it will never be touched again. The change log on this tune shows that it's be messed with at least a half dozen times or more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.