Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Throttle at Idle

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You might even want to do a "full write" as some of gm's ealier cals wouldn't allow you to reset throttle, perform a clean reset where it actually worked without doing a full write. It was something in the KAM that stored the last throttle idle settings that would cause them to high idle without any control. You either had to do a full write or drive for a couple of weeks hoping it would "self re-learn". I ran into this the most with trailblazers doing "actual" throttle cleans where you couldn't get them to idle below 2000 rpms in severe instances.... OS differences are what makes all of us tuner's look like idiots sometimes Especially when one doesn't do anything it's supposed to do.
    I will give this a go this weekend. I have tried it before with no luck, but who knows if another try will do the trick.

I also did the SPS program, but I will try it again with the replace and reprogram.

If that doesn't work, my next move is to see if there are any NA E67 ECU's that share the same pinout (or close enough that I can move a few pins around) and buy one of those. I've got to get something to make this work, it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out.

Tuning Addict
    This is probably a stupid question, but your vin is showing ctsv, but the entire calibration is different. What's been done to the vehicle? If not a ctsv or lsa engine then an lsa cal is probably not the best to use as it's got some background manipulators. You can lower min air above 1000 rpm's, put a ctsv integral airflow table in and then increase it and also change your idle torque and min airflow values to help with this.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Not a stupid question at all. I gave more info last time I posted, not sure why I didn't this time. Here's the setup:

Car was bought as a CTS Wagon, V6, AWD. I stripped it down and rebuilt it with all CTS-V parts off of a wrecked V. The body, dash, and steering column harnesses are from a Vagon (the car these were pulled from is the VIN I used to flash the all of the modules with from SPS), the rest is a sedan. Pretty much all mechanical parts you bolt on to the car were moved over, front subrame, IRS, fuel system. That and all the modules I checked the PN and used either the wagon or V depending on what the VIN from the wagon came with. I used an LS3, not an LSA though. My naivetythought the tuning could take care of the difference no problem.

Is there a way to load a NA cal into this ecu?
    Last edited by SJ90; 06-17-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, but not with HPT. Ryan Van Vels in Michigan can help. Probably the best starting point to be honest.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Yes, but not with HPT. Ryan Van Vels in Michigan can help. Probably the best starting point to be honest.
    I've reached out to him, and so far he said it is best to try and address the issue at hand since there isn't anything available for NA E67 with this pinout. I'll keep this thread updated if we make any progress.

Smokeshow, you had said yes there is, any insight as to how? Were you thinking he'd make a custom OS and load that somehow?
    Last edited by SJ90; 06-17-2022 at 06:11 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Just something to try.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just something to try.
    I gave that a try this weekend, wrote it with a write entire, no luck.

Tuner in Training
    I would assume flashing an auto trans calibration on there would make things FAR worse.... That is the only NA application I can find for this ECU. a 5.3L Colorado/Canyon, and I'm 99% sure they are only auto.