Thread: Semi-Perfect tune! 1 SCARY problem..!

Tuner in Training

Semi-Perfect tune! 1 SCARY problem..!

.. Spent most of yesterday tunning the car after installing headers, pulley, g5x3, vigilante 3500 converter and various minor miscellaneous mods..

The tune seems to be working very well but I'm facing a problem..

At WOT, 3rd gear (Oh, car is a 2005 A4 z51 C6 coupe) after passing 5k rpm the car would SOMETIMES take a very slight instant swerve to the right for some reason, you can even feel the steering wheel tilting slightly.. It's like an instantaneous swerve that lasts for a few tenths of a second at the most. The swerve is so slight that the car moves about a feet or two at the most to the right but you can still feel it.. First two times it happened, I took my foot of the pedal cuz it honestly scared me but then whenever it happened I stayed at full throttle and the car was able to shift to 4th no problems..

This would happen in I'd say 2 out of 5 WOT runs.. Sometimes when it happens the speedometer falls to zero and then comes back on when I'm down to 75mph or so, sometimes I end up with a "Service Active Handling" message, sometimes both, sometimes neither! I didn't get a scan but I'm not in favor of getting one if someone over here might have an idea of what the problem is.. My laptop wasn't with me while it happened last night..

The mods on the car have been there for 2 days.. It pulls great and I can feel a lot of new found power..

.. My guess would be that it 'might' have something to do the aftermarket converter.. Anyone faced a similar issue?

Ideas anyone!?

I'm at work right now and don't have access to my tune or scans.. I'll post em once I'm back home..

.. Hoping to have some replies by then

Try this link as a possible cause/solution.

http://www.corvettemechanic.com/foru...read.php?t=302
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins