Thread: Wheel torque error assistance

Tuner in Training

Wheel torque error assistance

Hello everyone!
    I have done countless searches and have found so many threads on it, so i apologize for having another post about it. Im afraid i just dont understand what im supposed to be changing. I am logging IPC wheel tq error. For the column (X) axis i have effective throttle area and for the row axis(Y) i have manifold vacuum. I am getting large values of error, but i cant figure out where i should make these changes and how.
    1. If i make changes to the torque curve, should i do it in driver demand engine torque in the torque management tab? or should i make it to the engine torque and inverse torque model tab using the calculator?

2. I notice when i am bringing the car up to the mid rpms about to roll into the throttle, the car surges and does not pull smooth. i notice in my logs that the spark source is oscillating very fast and if i understand correctly that is telling me there are multiple tables it is bouncing between and things are not correct. Am i correct in assuming that it should be using base spark and driver demand until i get to the point where i roll into it, after which it should refer to borderline knock? If everything is correct i shouldnt see tip in or torque control come up in the logs?

I apologize for having a post about something that has been covered so many times before, but i am simple and just not able to put it together. I am wanting to learn to do it correctly.
    I have attached 2 log files. so you can see whats going on
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    This throttle body model does not look right.

The values I circled seem to have the wrong correlation with each other. What kind of TB is it? Where did you get the data. Bad data can def. cause IPC issues, etc.

TB Data.PNG
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    It is a Kenne Bell twin 75mm TB.
    I am certain my Calibration is all sorts of messed up..... how can i go about fixing this?

Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    You are the man!
    So that gives me a starting point, however, i still have to correct the errors. i cant tell if im just not logging them correctly. or if its not the right PIDs... Maybe someone can take a look at my log and graphs....but this will help me get atleast one thing correct. After i get the throttle data correct, ill try and tackle wheel tq error.

People care too much about wheel torque error...I hardly ever log it...