Thread: 2019 S550 Hellion sleeper tt idle issues

Tuner in Training

2019 S550 Hellion sleeper tt idle issues

I'm having some strange idle issues with a 2019 s550. I haven't even begun to get into any drivability or power tuning at this point because the idle is so far out of whack.

Mod List:
    Hellion Sleeper TT kit *MAF is in the intercooler*
    IMRC lockout
    ID1050x injectors
    Stock engine with the exception of oil pump gears that were recently installed
    Sai Li fuel system set to 60psi base

The issue that I'm having is that the car just absolutely will not give me a stable idle. In one scenario the car can sit idling in park for a bit and desired idle matches actual rpm then all of a sudden the car will just die. No throttle input or gear change at all. It'll just die.

Second scenario which I have attached a log of is with a light rev in park the car will go into dashpot control on decel and then surge up and down. Sometimes it will eventually go back to idle and at other times it will just die. It's strange because these cars don't even have any tables for dashpot. I would think it would used torque based decel.

Tune file and log attached. Hoping something jumps out to you guys. This isn't my first coyote tune, but it is my first 2018+ with a return fuel system and imrc lockouts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by memphiss13; 07-18-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Your torque model is off - you are idling with MP 15 which is strange as your low load torque for that MP is way to low.
    Hence it jumps to target N as it thinks its decelerating - this is something you need to address.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Your torque model is off - you are idling with MP 15 which is strange as your low load torque for that MP is way to low.
    Hence it jumps to target N as it thinks its decelerating - this is something you need to address.
    Its idling in MP 15 because its being told to. IMRC's have been locked out.

I tried some adjustments to the torque tables earlier but maybe I didn't make big enough changes. It just seems strange to have to move much from stock on something like this.

As mentioned - you have issues. Nothing strange to me - fix your TM.

Senior Tuner
    Target N is the target RPM, current desired idle RPM.
    Decel torque(RPM/s) is the new "dashpot" to try and slow the RPM fall to not over shoot idle. Too low and RPM doesnt fall fast enough, too high and it falls too fast.
    Its looking for ETC torque and engine break torque to be 0, and scheduled/indicated torque to supply the desired air load for idle, this can be manipulated through air/fuel flow values to manage load@stoich and the torque tables to manage torque. 40-70Ftlbs is a decent enough amount for idle, schedule torque stays this high above requested torque, as a base to return to idle. Get those right and you are in the sweet spot for idle to maintain RPM. From there spark is controlled to manage the idle torque to maintain Idle RPM. More torque more spark, less torque less spark. Things like fans kicking on or the AC engaging require more torque on, compared to when they are off. You seem to be trying to control idle spark through the borderline table rather than letting the idle control torque logic use it from MBT table to maintain RPM.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-18-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys. While those changes did help, I ran out of time with the car and it seemed to have other issues. Oh well.