Thread: 2013 Mustang GT Timing Tables?

Potential Tuner

2013 Mustang GT Timing Tables?

Trying to help a friend dial in his 2013 Mustang GT. It has headers, x pipe, cold air intake, and is on E85. This is a stick car. It currently runs 12.6 in the 1/4. I am use to tuning on LS type PCMs and LT1 OBD1 PCM so I am a little lost here.
    1. Which table controls timing? There are 15 tables in Borderline and MBT??
    2. Which graph set up should I use with the VCM scanner for this car for knock?
    3. Which graph set up should I use with the VCM scanner for this car for spark timing?
    3. Is there anyway to make the factory wide band show in the VCM scanner?
    4. What is the ideal AFR on these cars for E85?
    5. What is the best timing for E85 on these cars at WOT?
    6. Should the TPS read a % at idle? This one reads 14.1 or so % at idle.
    Thanks for any help :-)

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    welcome to the new world, ford selects each timing table based on cam angles

but for the 1st gen coyote your WOT is optimum table
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    In Borderline or MBT?

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding is that for a given load and speed it chooses the lesser of MBT and borderline. It can add timing based on a/f ratio and add more if knock isn’t detected, but it will not go beyond MBT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    My understanding is that for a given load and speed it chooses the lesser of MBT and borderline. It can add timing based on a/f ratio and add more if knock isn?t detected, but it will not go beyond MBT.
    Then how would you set timing for best performance on these cars? Why is this information so limited on these cars, seems everyone owns one.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^you will need to work on borderline OP for WOT

for best timing depends on fuel quality and would be best to dyno
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshLT1Vert View Post
    Then how would you set timing for best performance on these cars? Why is this information so limited on these cars, seems everyone owns one.
    The info isn't that limited, you just gotta search through some threads for what you want..

-Timing uses the Borderline Optimum Power Table on the 11-14 Mustangs however you will l likely have to raise MBT values in the appropriate rows if it hasn't been raised already. I believe MBT was setup for 93 octane.

-Make your graph with knock or spark as the variable. Make the Axis: Air Load vs RPM. Log what you need to make the graph work.

-You can log WB EQ Ratio for bank 1 and 2 to see the wideband info. Everything is in Lambda on these cars, not AFR.

-As far as the corn settings, I haven't run them myself but if I did I'd start safe at probably .82 Lambda and 25 degrees with a lot of knock advance , make a pull and then see how much timing the car wants. If the E85 content is questionable start even lower on timing but I've gotten 27 degrees easily on 93 so E85 has to be better lol.

-TPS? IDK , I use Throttle Angle and Accelerator Pedal Position.

Hope this helps.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results