Thread: Proper Segment Swap strategy

Potential Tuner

Proper Segment Swap strategy

I have a 2008 L92, PCM#:12612384, OSID:12617631, going into a 2001 Camaro T-56. I'll be using the brass blade TB and corvette pedal. Since my car has a single A/C pressure sensor, manual trans and the brass blade TB, my initial thoughts are to have GM flash the PCM to the '09 Corvette LS7 M6 with the same OSID and segment swap the Engine, Engine Diag. sections to get the VVT working properly and make all the necessary pins active for VSS, CPP sensor, etc. I do believe this will work; Alternatively, can I simply segment swap the System, Trans and Trans Diag. sections from the LS7 hpt file into my current '08 Denali tune. Will that work to make the necessary pins for the manual transmission active and the unmodifiable A/C pressure values for the single sensor? I've read a full GM flash is necessary to get the manual trans pins working. The A/C sensor may not be a problem since the Denali also uses a transducer on the high side but wanted to throw that out there with the understanding these values aren't modifiable. Any help or input is much appreciated.

That’s not going to work

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response Ben. Are you saying swapping the LS7 transmission segments into the Denali tune won't work or neither strategy? I was hoping with the GM flashed LS7 M6 tune I could turn on the cam actuator.