Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: typical fuel to wall impact increase for Siemens Deka 80lb injectors

Ok. So shoud it be .019 where it is .016 on the spread sheet then?
    Your data is the first one I can look at the Siemens sheets and kinda follow along between the two. I have it ready to load in should be nice this weekend I can get some more work done and start the truck

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxs10 View Post
    Ok. So shoud it be .019 where it is .016 on the spread sheet then?
    Your data is the first one I can look at the Siemens sheets and kinda follow along between the two. I have it ready to load in should be nice this weekend I can get some more work done and start the truck
    Yes your right it should be 0.019 I missed that. I decided to set the short pulse limit at 1.9 ms because the injectors minimum Linear pulse with is 1.9 ms so that's where the short pulse adder is needed. If you look at the pulse with error graph you can see at 1.7 PW it's already at about 5% The one thing I should've done was have the injectors flow tested that way would've known what the flow rate is

I have not tested mine either but looking at people that have they seem to run around 76-78 lbs/min. Going off that I'm trying 89.23 for flow rate at 58psi

Quote Originally Posted by chevyrules2 View Post
    Attachment 77373

Here's the injector data that I'm using if you have any questions let me know.
    Thank you for sharing. I have decided to take a step back on the truck and fix some other issues I am having with it to get through inspection. Then I will dive back into this. Thank you again.

Chevyrules2 how did you pick 84.2lbs for flow rate?
    Mine seems to run better but 20% rich. Still stock cam,changing that soon, but I did have fuel pump wiring issues before I parked it. Fix that so my ve maybe off now.
    Last edited by dmaxs10; 03-04-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Chevyrules2 how did you pick 84.2lbs for flow rate?
    Mine seems to run better but 20% rich. Still stock cam,changing that soon, but I did have fuel pump wiring issues before I parked it. Fix that so my ve maybe off now.
    Would I be right in guessing that your running 58 psi fuel pressure? I sent you a pm a few days ago. The injectors are rated 80 lbs at 43.5 psi and at 58 psi it should be about 92.38lbs that'll get you really close. If your using 58 psi fuel rail pressure let me know and I can get you the right data.

Ha I didn't even notice the pm. I started at 58 psi set flow to 89. Had some running and cold start issues then dropped it to 43 psi and flow rate 77 now runs better but way rich. I changed another table too so that might be why if never ran the truck in this cold of wether.
    Does the other data change when pressure changes?
    I think I'm going to put my stock injectors back in and run it a day to see if my ve is way off from my fuel pump wiring issue then put 80s back in. Sadly there is still snow on the ground so it might be a while.

Finally nice wether here going to push to get the truck running. Thought I would check to see what is working for you guys.

Tuner in Training
    Finally nice wether here going to push to get the truck running. Thought I would check to see what is working for you guys.
    Just jumped on this board. I am running one of the denmah tunes from I believe the 4.8 80lb and It runs rich as hell during idle. I just came across this thread. I'm running 5.3 /76mm 80's on 66 chevelle. Finally getting to where I can test the car if I can make it run right. Haze is ripping out of the exhaust like unburnt fuel.

I'm going to try the one you have posted to see if it changes my rich running.

Tuner in Training
    Also just tried the Jason injectors hpt and I can't even get it to start when I use that tune

Quote Originally Posted by jonqdiesel View Post
    Also just tried the Jason injectors hpt and I can't even get it to start when I use that tune
    I ended up not using the file from Jason as I had issues with it as well. I am not sure if he was scalling and what his fuel system is.

I will tell you don't expect the tunes from denmah to work like magic. I have gone through most of his tunes and without knowing the type of fuel system and whether he is scaling or not the data is probably useless. Also most of the tunes for the deka 80s he provides use factory GM short pulse values.

If you look at the injector data from the attached tune that is where I am currently and am driving the vehicle around. I am using a 1:1 return fuel system set at 43.5psi.

Make sure that you have changed the fuel minimum pulse width value.

What does your wideband show?

What is the injector PW at idle?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I'm going to have to check. I am an idiot when it comes to hp tuners I basically have no idea when changing spark and fueling tables. I had just copied over Denmah tube values and plugged in mine to see if it would magically cure the issue when in fact I need to figure this out. I am using stock truck manifold with 57 psi rail and deka 80s that I welded my return tube closed to I didn't have to run two lines

Tuner in Training
    Terrible throttle response and pig rich to burn your retinas during idle and throughout rpm curve

Tuner in Training
    So what would correct data be at 58 psi with 1:1 FPR?

Tuner in Training
    I wanna start with a thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread. I have been studying every comment on this thread for several months now. Extremely long story as to how I found myself in this position but the short story is: I have the same problems as everyone else except my has a different twist. So I have been struggling with these injectors for months now. I have a 2001 5.3 with 73mm turbo, mild cam, walbro 525 fuel pump, stock lines, 1:1 fuel regulator, AEM wideband, return fuel system with single supply fuel rail. I installed a remote fuel pressure gauge in the cab and turns out my 1:1 amazon regulator is no where near 1:1 so I replaced it with a name brand regulator and still not 1:1. So I am struggling with inconsistent fuel pressures along with unsure injector data.

Has anyone had any success with these Siemens deka 80lb injectors??
    Any updates on works vs not works?
    I would post my tunes I don't really see the point as it seems I have a version for every example on here and combination versions.

Tuner in Training
    I've been using the Siemens deka 80lb injectors for quite some time now. I even drove from Minnesota to Florida with them no complaints other then it was hard to get the data for them. what kind of fuel pressure issues you having? Where did you guys buy your injectors from?

Quote Originally Posted by damon.rahn View Post
    So what would correct data be at 58 psi with 1:1 FPR?
    I need to know as well. Im learning so all this is somewhat hard to follow.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty Cutty View Post
    I need to know as well. Im learning so all this is somewhat hard to follow.
    If deka 80s flow 80 at 58 psi you put 80 across the IFR table
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    perfect thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Siemens Deka FI114992 Do not flow 80lbs at 58 psi most injectors are rated at 43.5 psi, 300 kpa. At 58 psi it"ll be more like 92lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images