Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does HP have the calibration for M-9452-M8 Power Pack 3 ford racing.

Senior Tuner
    So I ended up obtaining a true FRPP manual OS and loaded that tune in. All I can say is WOW driveability is 100% stock like. I am attaching the file here and also have uploaded to the repository. The tune speaks for itself, while I don't really fully grasp how the throttle body settings could work so well yet be so different than the GT350, its clear FR engineers spent time getting this right.

Tune can def use some additional tweaks for more aggressive timing up top, feels very strong in the midrange.

MGMPJ55_M9452M8_6M.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for sharing. I just had a GT350 intake car the other day and there was just no way the tune posted before was going to work before I modified it. I was wondering how people talk about how good those tunes are because it surged bad when I tried using it without modification.

Senior Tuner
    I don't see how that one would be much better after looking. Did you copy the IMRC data from the old tune? That and the modified injector offsets are the things I could see that would mess you up different on it but I haven't looked very hard yet.

Some of the small things you might think of as improvements, like Transient, are just different from automatic to manual tunes. I didn't copy those things when I tried the last tune on a manual car and it still surged and did not drive well.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I just had a GT350 intake car the other day and there was just no way the tune posted before was going to work before I modified it. I was wondering how people talk about how good those tunes are because it surged bad when I tried using it without modification.
    There is a huge difference in the manual versus auto tune. But that is the same as the stock calibration for these cars. Cannot flip flop them and if you start with an auto tune on a manual car, there is very little you can reuse. The most notable difference I saw was the manual FRPP tune had a very unique IPC minimum torque table. The load axis is tweaked to have a lot more definition rows in the lower load/just off idle area and looks to allow for quite a bit LOWER torque than the stock tune. This I am sure is to help with the "touchy" throttle control a lot of people report that do their own custom tunes, which is the result of bouncing off the minimum torque table while applying the throttle, which forces open the throttle as RPMs climb giving the car the surging feeling.

That said, I learned a huge lesson here that there is more than one way to skin a cat with these throttle body settings.

Senior Tuner
    I don't see how that one would be much better after looking. Did you copy the IMRC data from the old tune? That and the modified injector offsets are the things I could see that would mess you up different on it but I haven't looked very hard yet.

Some of the small things you might think of as improvements, like Transient, are just different from automatic to manual tunes. I didn't copy those things when I tried the last tune on a manual car and it still surged and did not drive well.
    I have made NO changes to the FRPP manual OS calibration, just loaded it as is, tweaked for my catless headers, and it drives great.

My old tune was obtained from someone with different injectors, so I modified them back to stock. Looks like I might have missed part of that redo. the IMRC settings looked like stock GT values in the old tune, so I just used what was in the FRPP tune.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-24-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You must have been looking at a different tune than I have then because the throttle body data and IPC tables are the same between the auto and manual calibrations I have.

Senior Tuner
    You must have been looking at a different tune than I have then because the throttle body data and IPC tables are the same between the auto and manual calibrations I have.
    Yea looks the same now, so must have been my old tune not the auto FRPP tune.

Senior Tuner
    Whats your thoughts on the injector offsets being different? Makes no sense to be dependent on auto versus manual does it? Maybe we are seeing an older revision on the auto and a newer revision on the manual? I know there have been at least 1 or 2 revisions put out by Ford over the past 12 months.

Senior Tuner
    Tune read incorrectly and there are two different units being displayed. Same pulse width but the old tune is not represented in ms like we're used to seeing.

Senior Tuner
    Yep just noticed that too, phew, thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I think with this new strategy being such a change to have mapped correctly on their end to support there will be small bugs like that. Some might even be fixed but tunes are still floating around from when the bug existed.

Senior Tuner
    One thing I have noticed with the FRPP tune is my dashboard vacuum gauge is seemingly very inaccurate. It will show 0inhg with about 10-15% throttle, which cant be accurate. I haven't really compared versus an actual datalog yet, but I assume it wont be similar results otherwise all parameters based on load would also be all out of whack, which they are not.

Perhaps the gauge itself is hard code calibrated and working off a specific MAF output? Now that has changed it is no longer accurate? Would be strange to have it that way, but who knows.

The 0-700lb-ft torque axis is interesting

Potential Tuner
    So is this the tune for the pp 3 manual that comes from ford racing?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcskyline View Post
    So is this the tune for the pp 3 manual that comes from ford racing?
    Correct

Tuner in Training
    So I modified MGMPJ55 to be flex and work with LU47's, headers and Pmas. Car drives very stock. But I hate the "No lift shift" because I lift and it reminds me of my two step, Also I am setting up for Nitrous in spring of 18. Have we seen a way to turn it off? Hang rev seems to have no effect. I love how smooth the car drives but I don't want to Flash the OS every time I go back to an NA tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    One thing I have noticed with the FRPP tune is my dashboard vacuum gauge is seemingly very inaccurate. It will show 0inhg with about 10-15% throttle, which cant be accurate. I haven't really compared versus an actual datalog yet, but I assume it wont be similar results otherwise all parameters based on load would also be all out of whack, which they are not.

Perhaps the gauge itself is hard code calibrated and working off a specific MAF output? Now that has changed it is no longer accurate? Would be strange to have it that way, but who knows.
    There's a special table for that ECM 44343 and it's tuned differently between FRPP3 and stock tunes - hence your difference. Below the difference:
    ipc max map.jpg

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    There's a special table for that ECM 44343 and it's tuned differently between FRPP3 and stock tunes - hence your difference. Below the difference:
    ipc max map.jpg
    You would think the difference in the OS for that table would HELP compensate for the intake manifold and throttle body differences to make the vacuum gauge be MORE accurate, not LESS

I've seen people reporting those gauges not working properly after installing a GT350 mani - it alters the vacuum readout in some way only Ford understands.

Does anyone have an up to date auto PP3 calibration handy?
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm