Thread: MAF causing Idle hang?

Tuner in Training

MAF causing Idle hang?

Hi I am very new to this and any help would be appreciated,
    I have a 98 Suburban that I installed a gen4 drive by wire 5.3l into using the stock 4l60E that was in the 98 Suburban. I had a engine/trans harness made by Current Performance along with an E67 ECM and a separate TCM for the trans. Ever since I completed the install, when the engine is started the rpms are around 1200 and slow down to around 600 at idle. If I press the accel pedal and release it while in park/neutral the rpms will rev to 3500 and wont return to idle until I shut the engine off and restart it. When driving the rpms stay at around 1200 until coming to a stop after 5 seconds they come down to 600rpms. I was told the engine came from a 2011-2013 Sierra but I'm not 100%. The program in the ecm is for a 2009 Trailblazer SS 6.0l,6 spd trans. If I disconnect the MAF sensor the throttle works like it should when accel is pressed and released it returns to idle instantly. Has anyone come across this before?

No trailblazer ever came with a 6 speed. They had 4L65/70e from the factory which is why I assume you picked the E67 with the separate TCM. But that's besides the point here.

You need to post the files and any logs so we can try to see what is happening.

Hopefully the tune was at least changed for the 5.3 size and the parts/sensors it's running.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 05-27-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Tune file

This is the file the ECM came with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone help?

Tuner in Training
    Anybody?

maybe post on the tbss site. 5fdp is a busy man. he really is the only helpful user ive seen on here lately answering tons of questions every week for us noobs. maybe give him some time to respond.

Advanced Tuner
    you could likely "tune it out"

a log of the problem would paint a much clearer picture before jumping the gun.

quickly looking at the file I suspect you may have a vauum leak somewhere

Is this happening when the engine is at full operating temperature?