Thread: O2 sensors/LTFT/STFT are jacked up

Tuner in Training

O2 sensors/LTFT/STFT are jacked up

Looking for ideas. According to my scan tool, it is showing my B1S1 O2 stuck at .423mv, B2S1 at .389mv and both LTFT and STFT at 0. Any suggestions what may be causing this? Maybe a bad ground? Popped fuse? I would think it would be really strange for both O2's to die at the same time. Also, correct me if I am wrong but if I understand the STFT correctly, shouldn't they be throwing fuel to it based off of the low O2's? I haven't really looked at anything on the car at this point but plan to do so tomorrow.

Fuel trims being stuck or staying in a certain spot normally means something is unplugged or wiring issues.

Even in open loop fueling the o2 sensors will fluctuate up and down with the rpms somewhat.

If the engine is running in open with STFT open loop fuel control turned off it will not change anything on it's own. Also if the STFT is disable with closed loop enabled it won't change fueling either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I can go to vehicle controls and click ON to closed loop and my fuel trims start working. I think the pcm is not switching to closed loop.

Without the tune file and a log I can't see what the current settings are.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I really appreciate your help. I will get a log and the tune tomorrow. It is in my other laptop at the shop. It is a completely stock tune other than tuned off rear O2's, EGR and air pump disabled and gear ratio change.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    he is a part of a scan. Not sure what you are wanting to see scanned though
    Attached Files Attached Files

The log shows that the engine is still cold enough to be in open loop fuel control for most of the log.

What does it do if you reach over 130-140 degree coolant temp?

Do they start switching then and then does it drop into closed loop fueling?

Tuner in Training
    I posted the wrong log file. I have one that is exactly the same but with the coolant temp at 192. So it should go into CL by then right? Even at that temp it still has no activity on the STFT or LTFT

Then it's wiring or sensor related if it won't enter closed loop and the o2 sensors are not moving.

Nothing in the tune file itself looks to be stopping it from switching like normal or entering closed loop.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Are you using the sae trim channels? I've logged one channel non sae and had no read of values before. Easy to try vcm channels and double check activity

Tuner in Training
    Just in case anyone else has having this same issue. I checked for vacuum leaks, checked the grounds, everything I could think of and couldn't find anything. I kept putting off replacing the O2's just for the fact that they took a dump at the same time. Since I couldn't find anything else I decided to just replace them. Well, that fixed it. Now it is just really really rich at idle even though my wideband is showing it to be dead on at 14.7. Gotta figure that out now