Thread: 2011 TT Mustang GT - Random stalling on decel

2011 TT Mustang GT - Random stalling on decel

First time tuning a Coyote, Car was previously tuned in Texas on what was like e70 instead of a true e85.

So it needed a tune adjustment. I've got the car where it drives around nicely. But fighting a stalling issue. From the searches I've done, most point at injector data. With that said, I've compared the injector data to tunes on here with ID1000 and it doesn't exactly match up. Be nice to know where the ID came from that's in the tune.

The car should have ID1000 Injectors. Mods listed below as well as current tune, arrival tune and log of a stall.

Makes 810whp on 13psi also has a setting for 10psi, can be turned up more with new wastegate springs that I can include
    --------
    Motor-
    Built motor easily capable of 1-1100
    Comp stage 2 cams
    On3 Turbo kit
    --------
    Supporting mods-
    Fore triple pump fuel system
    AEM "Tru Boost" controller
    Sct Tuner
    Id1000 injectors
    --------
    Exhaust-
    Sve 3" off-road X pipe
    --------
    Transmission/Drivetrain-
    Driveshaft safety loop
    Ford Performance one piece aluminum driveshaft
    McLeod RXT Clutch
    McLeod lightened steel flywheel
    Barton Short shifter
    McLeod clutch line
    --------
    Suspension-
    Bmr adjustable upper control arm w/mount
    Bmr adjustable lower control arms
    Bmr adjustable panhard bar
    Bmr lowering springs
    --------
    Current tune.hpt <Current Tune

base.hpt <Shop tune

stall short.hpl
    Persistence is the key to success

ID1000 Characterization for Return Style Fuel Systems

From Paul Yaw's website. Some of your values are different. Here is the Excel Spreadsheet for the ID1000s.

ID1000-Ford-Characterization-Tables-8-6-14.xls
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    The only variable is fuel pressure, most likely return fuel systems running at slightly different pressure.

The Excel file I published have the return style values for the ID1000s. The Injector Offset vs Voltage in his cal have different values and some differences in the row labels. Offset Multi vs Pressure values are different and some row label values are different. Without listing all of the differences, I would suggest he correct his injector values to those suggested by ID and then retest. My 2012 with a TVS have the correct ID 1000 characterizations and driveability and idle work well.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    The Excel file I published have the return style values for the ID1000s. The Injector Offset vs Voltage in his cal have different values and some differences in the row labels. Offset Multi vs Pressure values are different and some row label values are different. Without listing all of the differences, I would suggest he correct his injector values to those suggested by ID and then retest. My 2012 with a TVS have the correct ID 1000 characterizations and driveability and idle work well.
    I used that sheet with it at 85 ethanol and 58 psi pressure. They were really close. Updated the tune with it. It did seem to run cleaner and not die as much. I'm sure it's something simple, might even be timing related. It always seems to do it when it command 40 degrees timing. Perhaps the load isn't calculating correct. Being my first ford, I have nothing to reference it too.
    Persistence is the key to success

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I guess I misread the OP. I thought he was having trouble understanding why he saw differences is multiple tunes with Id1000s.

There is another odd thing that can affect idle in some FI engine configurations. On some Mustangs 2011-up, if you are running twin 11" fans on your HE, they will pull 40 Amps when combined with the draw of the HE coolant pump. I chased an idle issue with my car which has the twin 11" Spals. The car would idle great, then fall, then recover. I discovered that when the stock cooling fan would power up, it temporarily overloaded the charging system, and the car would lose idle speed and then recover. I raised the alternator output in the tune and that problem disappeared.
    Last edited by 15PSI; 11-27-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C