Thread: can i up the "alternator/fuel system voltage minimum"

can i up the "alternator/fuel system voltage minimum"

can i up the "alternator/fuel system voltage minimum"

I see my 2017 camaro has 14.7v in this tab. a 2015 z06 has 15.0v. a 2017 zl1 has 15.5v in this tab.

if I up this number does it up the alternator output voltage? if so what is a safe maximum? it looks like you can configure it so it will only boost the voltage when you need it so it wouldn't be cranked all the time.

I am looking to get more flow out of my in tank pump and am about to buy a jms fuel max but before I do I thought I would ask about this. I have swapped in the zl1 in tank pump.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

I do it on boosted stuff that has alternator control. GM does it on the boosted stuff from the factory. I go up to 16.5 volts under load.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

That is great news. Seems like this would make a voltage booster obsolete(saves me $400).

Going to need more than bumped voltage to make more than 740ish.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I tried this.

I logged module voltage and stock it reported 13.6volts. After turning it up with hp tuners from 14.7 volts to 16.5 volts it then showed 14.5 volts on the log.

I didn't measure the actual voltage with a voltage meter so I am not sure how accurate this is. If it is only at 14.5volts it seems a voltage booster would still be worth it.