Thread: Gen V FPCMs

Tuner in Training

Gen V FPCMs

After a long email chain with HPT, it seems that they are unable/unwilling to support the gen v truck FPCMs.

Im curious at what point people are running out of fuel on the truck pumps/what they are doing in place of the ability to just flash the fpcm and drop in a new in-tank pump (what my friend and I have done on his gen4).

Thoughts/feelings/suggestions? Going for about 550-600rwhp on pump gas. Want a healthy margin below the stock piston issues.

Senior Tuner
    Direct injection uses a low pressure in-tank pump and a high pressure direct injection pump on the engine, much like a common rail diesel. The fueling limits with most of these tend to be the high pressure pump and injectors, as long as, the in-tank pump (think lift-pump) can keep it fed.
    Jaime

I would log the low side pressure and not worry about it if it stays above 40psi. If it does drop below 40psi hit it with more voltage. Typically this meant a voltage booster but I just found out we can command the alternator output voltage and I am going to try bumping that up when under a load before I buy a voltage booster.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

injectors are the limit on these due to a short injection window, 550-600 is within the range of ability though.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Direct injection uses a low pressure in-tank pump and a high pressure direct injection pump on the engine, much like a common rail diesel. The fueling limits with most of these tend to be the high pressure pump and injectors, as long as, the in-tank pump (think lift-pump) can keep it fed.
    well aware, this is my 3rd DI car (mazdaspeed 3, 335i and now this truck) more worried about the low side keeping up with filling the high side of the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    I would log the low side pressure and not worry about it if it stays above 40psi. If it does drop below 40psi hit it with more voltage. Typically this meant a voltage booster but I just found out we can command the alternator output voltage and I am going to try bumping that up when under a load before I buy a voltage booster.
    good to know its safe around there, mazdaspeeds had issues below 50, and i never got close on the bmw. ive got my voltage curve matching a new cts-v at the moment, with a 0.5v more up top, hoping its enough and wont burn out the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    injectors are the limit on these due to a short injection window, 550-600 is within the range of ability though.
    glad to hear, didnt want to have to dump a ton of cash on a secondary pump if it wasn't required or upgrade the in-tank (dread pulling the bed in my tiny driveway/garage)

you are talking stock LT1/L86 stuff and not LT4, correct?

thanks for the help guys

LT1 is good to about 625 rwhp
    LT4 is good to about 725 rwhp
    this is without meth or other standalone fueling.

give or take about 50 and depending on what one is comfortable with the fuel system doing under duress (running exactly like stock or in the process of dropping but not completely), of course.

Volcom, I have an lt4 hpfp with less than 500miles on it if your in the market. $600.
    Last edited by parish8; 03-30-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins