Thread: Need Baseline Startup Tune for 438 CI Stroker , ls3 heads, 75# inj

Potential Tuner

Need Baseline Startup Tune for 438 CI Stroker , ls3 heads, 75# inj

OK, so I will apologize up front. I am pretty sure I am missing where to put this question. I tried looking thru the depository, and there are 7.0 corvette tunes I found, nothing really close to what I have. I'd like a baseline starting point for my stroker engine, which I will work on tuning more after the car is running. The car(66 Elcamino, T56 MAGNUM) still needs major work, will not be running for several months, but I wanted to run the engine on a stand with radiator to check it for leaks etc before I put it into the car.

FEEL FREE TO MOVE THIS POST TO WHERE IT SHOULD BE
    Here is what I have.
    02 LS6 block with Darton MID sleeves bored to 4.125"
    Scat stroker crank 4.1" stroke, 6.125 Lunati H beam rods, Wiseco pistons, -22cc
    Texas Speed CNC ported LS3 heads 68cc chambers, with 2.180 intake valves, 1.60 Ex, Manley springs(dual) good for .650 lift with TI retainers
    Brian Tooley racing Stage 2 cam for ls3 heads. lift .623 int, .596 Ex, 239, 254 duration, 114 degree lobe separation.
    truck L92 intake(will be porting mouth) later will get MSD Atomic Airforce for LS3
    75# Injectors, 17113742 EV1 Rochester Delphi, 750cc. one place shows as 72#
    Nick Williams 102 mm TB
    Lingenfelter 4inch MAF
    Vette style 4 inch, over the radiator CAI, forgot brand, big oval filter.

438 CI, 0r 7.2 liter, Hoping for 650 to 700 N/A. May add a turbo or centrifugal S/C some day in the future.(years)

I have NEVER done a tune, I bought HP tuners and a wideband, I will be ready to go in a couple weeks, still putting engine together.

Anybody got something close to that in the Depository?
    Thanks anyone who replies,
    Frank
    Last edited by Franked; 03-06-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added cam specs, Injector info

Potential Tuner
    The CAI is a Halltech

Advanced Tuner
    If you have never "done a tune", this isnt the motor to start, even with a base tune from someone else.

Potential Tuner
    What should I do then?
    I have a stock 04 GTO LS1 car, should I play with that first?

Advanced Tuner
    That would be an very good place to start a few weeks of a learning isn't nearly eough to learn half the stuff that's important. Best place to start is with a stock vehicle and a stock tune.