Thread: Raptor Tuning Options for Procharger

Raptor Tuning Options for Procharger

I'm really excited, I just bought a used raptor, and then a used supercharger kit on Ebay. It is just the basic (shared belt drive) D1sc procharger kit for the raptor. I'm wondering what my options are for getting it tuned? Should I buy HPtuners and tune it myself (I've done this on LS's in the past), or are there some great canned tunes out there already? I would imagine that this tune has been done a million times so I am wondering that my options are. I'm looking to save money, not get every last HP out of the system.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by erics_02_z06 View Post
    I'm really excited, I just bought a used raptor, and then a used supercharger kit on Ebay. It is just the basic (shared belt drive) D1sc procharger kit for the raptor. I'm wondering what my options are for getting it tuned? Should I buy HPtuners and tune it myself (I've done this on LS's in the past), or are there some great canned tunes out there already? I would imagine that this tune has been done a million times so I am wondering that my options are. I'm looking to save money, not get every last HP out of the system.
    while there are a ton of people who have prob tuned that combo, you will find that there is less file sharing on the Ford side of the things than there is in the GM end...

So building on what Jn2 just said, purchase HPTuners suite. There are some pretty knowledgeable and experienced tuners on this forum who can give you a hand when and if you need one. It is true that many Ford tuners protect their knowledge like old-school alchemy turning lead into gold....
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Senior Tuner
    If you have a basic understanding of how to log and make basic changes already I'm sure you'll find the help you need here to get it running well. Little tricks of the trade might not be shared but someone will definitely help you get a good reliable tune.

Tuner in Training
    I found a tune for a whipple raptor and there are a couple roush strategies floating around for 5.0 mustangs. I'm using them as refences to build my own tune for my 2012 raptor - But I'll be using two EFR 7163 turbos with my home made shorty tri y headers instead. Should be fun. I think I got a pretty good handle on it so if you got any questions ask away or PM me. Mine might be more simple since i'm doing a 4" blow through MAF and procharger kits seem to place the MAF right on the intercooler.

I'm working on getting the engineer guys to add per cylinder fuel compensation since in stock form (with MBRP 4" cat back) it logged as +0.8% fuel on the pass side where there is 3ft less exhaust pipe. Ford does some interesting logic with lots of inferred parameters, presumably to avoid having to mfg MAP sensors, fuel pressure sensors and all of that.