Thread: no can comm

Potential Tuner

no can comm

A third party programmed my ecm. That said the fuel pump relay cycles when key is on and the diagnostic data line will no lomger communicate. if the tac module is disconnected communication is good and will start but not run. Just got editor, what do I look for?

Post your tune, and tell us your setup. We do not know your year, make, model, engine group, transmission type, etc. GM didn't use CAN bus in 03-07 classic trucks with TAC modules. That didn't start until 07 on nbs trucks, and those trucks do not use a separate TAC module.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

Assuming you are working on a truck ECM/PCM.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

Potential Tuner
    (smogdredd is my mechanic) Here is the file we are trying to use--- (never have attached a tune to a post- so hopefully this works so you can see it)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Problem solved, fixed
    With much searching and quite a bit of frustration I found some conflicting information. Item number one is a improperly drawn diagram from Mitchell. The diagram shows a T.P.S. that puts out two identical signals, WRONG! The T.P.S. on a 2002 Chevy Tahoe Is reversed between the two sensors. swapping the light blue/ black with the black/ white wires in the harness end solved the problem. Also the o2 sensors are not drawn with a case ground connection. grounding the tan/black and tan wires enabled the P.C.M. to see the proper o2 voltage. I did not pull the engine myself and took the supplier's word that all the parts matched, ooops! Be careful many sites out there show the T.P.S. signal voltage incorrectly for this application!

Potential Tuner
    I know I could have purchased the correct o2 sensors but that cost money!