Thread: IAT reading can't be right. Do I need to rescale?

Tuner in Training

IAT reading can't be right. Do I need to rescale?

I have a 2011 mustang gt. I put on a paxton 2200sl blower. For some reason the IAT is reading around the same temp as ambient air temp. or just a few degrees warmer at the most. Is that right? I had to move the maf/IAT to put it in the new tubing that came with the paxton kit. I would just figure that the iat would run alittle warmer then a few degrees at the most with the new blower on.

Tuner
    really shouldn't affect IAT until building boost I know paxtons make a little at idle but shouldn't affect it. My turbo car shows like 5 warmer than ambient till the boost comes in then I can see like 120 degrees. IAT I don't 100% believe is affected by scale of motor or injector.

Mine reaches about 30 degrees over ambient near redline during a single gear street WOT pull.

My IAT2 reads 120F to 130F during hard pulls. Driving around town on cold days and not in boost, the IAT2 temps are only a few degrees above ambient.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    My IAT2 reads 120F to 130F during hard pulls. Driving around town on cold days and not in boost, the IAT2 temps are only a few degrees above ambient.

Thanks for everyone getting back with me. I really appreciate it and now it totally makes sense to me. Thanks You.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    A bit different with a TVS vs. a centri. No IAT2 on a centri.

I just wrapped up a Vortech v3 last evening and IAT's were very close to ambient and not drastically much more after a WOT pull. 10* above ambient.