Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed limiter deleted with 2.1.12?????

Tuner in Training

Speed limiter deleted with 2.1.12?????

Who thinks us j-body guy's are going to have new found luck eliminating the speed limiter with HPT's newest release 2.1.12?????? I sure hope I do. So far tuning for mad power has been great , now if I can make it to the end of the track at more than 106mph I'll be truly excited

Tuner in Training
    i already have a log with me hitting 114mph. and i only have 2.1.11

all testing has shown success with the new extra parameters.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    I'm currently using 2.1.11 and It's still there. If noone else is still experiencing this issue, I'll send a log to support, I thought it was a bigger issue that needed to be resolved with another update.

Advanced Tuner
    When did you download it? There is an updated version available if you can't wait over the weekend for 2.1.12 to come out.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    I received it last week, I had an issue with trying to read the VCM and support sent me 2.1.11 with my os in it. I'm downloading 2.1.12 as I type, hopefully this will work. Tomorrow 106+++++ I hope.

even version 10 worked i dont see why this is new?

there was an issue with some vehicles having a secondary RPM or Speed Limiter (or both) calibrated as part of traction control.

If you weren't seeing the issue then it wasn't calibrated (as you will see when you view the new parameters in the editor).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    My speed limiter is still active !! I will send you a scan log Chris.

Tuner in Training
    In 2.1.12 I just found the feature you mentioned Chris, Traction Control System High rpm/VSS traction. Could this be the problem? I did not have the values increased over the default for this parameter with the scan log I sent you.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, thats the problem, you need to change those values as well.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll change those values and give it another shot tomorrow.

Tuner
    What values need to be changed to get rid of the speed limiter, as I can't seem to shake mine and must be missing something, as well as the rev limiter as it's still active? My car is '01 SFGT 5M, and I'm using .12, I've changed everything that I can find, and I'm sure others would find a list handy as well.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB
    What values need to be changed to get rid of the speed limiter, as I can't seem to shake mine and must be missing something, as well as the rev limiter as it's still active? My car is '01 SFGT 5M, and I'm using .12, I've changed everything that I can find, and I'm sure others would find a list handy as well.
    I sure would like to know if we've missed something or if you simply don't have the support yet... We've been trying to disable the speed/rev limiter since we got the HPT. So disheartning to hit that magical 170 km/h and not go any further. A list or some instruction would be great, as it may reveal the errors of our ways!
    Last edited by zerofighter; 07-06-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Have you guy's tried changing the parameters for this, -Traction Control System High rpm/VSS- It's a new parameter that was added in 2.1.12, to disable the speed limiter. It's in the "engine" parameters section. I have just recently changed the values here and will be testing it tonight.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats the new ones you need to change to make it work.

Its under Engine>Spark Control>Spark Advance

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Thats the new ones you need to change to make it work.

Its under Engine>Spark Control>Spark Advance
    Does that one affect both speed and rev limiters? That's likely what I missed then.

its a spark ramp out parameter, basically spark starts to ramp out above these values.

also under the traction control section there are new parameters.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Success! It was the TCC parameters that was holding me back on both speed and rev limiters.

thats awesome to hear, I hope that will solve my problem,