Thread: Invalid vin/os pair

Tuner in Training

Invalid vin/os pair

Hi,

I tried to read my vcm for the first time today on a 99 z24, I received an error stating that my vin/os are not valid. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I personally havent, have you contacted support about it?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yes, a few hours ago, still waiting for a reply. I'm sure they will resolve it tomorrow.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    is the car completely stock & unmolested? The only reason I could see that popping up is if the computer/engine combo doesnt match the make/model of vehicle its in.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    is the car completely stock & unmolested? The only reason I could see that popping up is if the computer/engine combo doesnt match the make/model of vehicle its in.
    OR (Which is more often the case with our cars)

He is using the software version off the CD, and not the downloaded 2.1.11 version.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    beta versions such as .11 are not a public download so yes he probably doesnt have it, but that doesnt mean it will cure his ills, if it was a definition file failed to load type error then yes it would probably cure it. An invalid OS to vin match error sounds like something more in depth.

Advanced Tuner
    It happens on our cars because the HPT team doesn't have all the OS's programmed for each VIN. When a known J-Body VIN comes up, but an unknown OS, this is the error we get.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'll take your word for it...I had never come across it with any other vehicle, odd.

Tuner in Training
    1. The vcm is the original one for this car, I have never used any tuning software on it.
    2. I tried the beta version 20 minutes ago, same issue.

Thoughts?

( the engine has been changed? I don't know how this could impact the error that I've been recieving?
    Last edited by Tune1; 06-25-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    They need to add your OS ID and info to the software, should be about 24-48 hours since you emailed them.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good. It fiqures, I could fall into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking my thumbs, no luck...

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    OR (Which is more often the case with our cars)

He is using the software version off the CD, and not the downloaded 2.1.11 version.
    This is exactly what happened to me this morning. The CD didn't work, the latest on the website did, no problem.

Thanks Shifted! This thread led me in the right direction.