Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I updated to 3.034 this morning because of the lack of channels ect on the 2010 Duramax. Well after the update there is now no diesel channels at all! No mm3, no timing, nothing. Truck is setting on the dyno and I have no way to log it with HPT. And on top of that no one even acknowledged my post from yesterday. I have wasted $100 on credits and my time writing several tunes for testing today. Thanks for the support and frustration.
    Have you tried "Repolling For Supported Parameters" under the "Vehicle" menu? The software doesn't re-poll every time you connect. It uses the last generated PID list from that OS. sometimes PIDs get renumbered and don't show on later versions. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Have you tried "Repolling For Supported Parameters" under the "Vehicle" menu? The software doesn't re-poll every time you connect. It uses the last generated PID list from that OS. sometimes PIDs get renumbered and don't show on later versions. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.
    Yes sir I did updated again too. Used Efi to finish the job. Thanks

Is there a way to include math parameters when you export out of Scanner?

I could always go in and calculate what I need in Excel but it would be nice for it do it since math parameters are already setup to do what I want

Tuner in Training
    Not sure whats going on here, if I am missing something or what.

Lets say I am one 'layout' named TuningMAP.

Switch to 'Idle Airflow' layout,

my channels do not change.

Channels are saved separately.

There's basically the "what you're logging" config (i.e. channels) and the "what you're doing with it" config (i.e. layouts)

Tuner in Training
    When purchasing a license there used to be a notes entry, but since upgrading I don't have that. This causes my most recent purchases to be blank in the Note column of the License Information.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    All right, few things here....

First off obviously I must be a complete idiot or something here, because I can not for the life of me get the airmass channel to give the correct airmass for logging spark advance or retard... Will only display on a single line through the rpm range....

Secondly and this is the very most annoying, but the scanner has to be restarted over and over to get more than a couple of channels to display anything. On top of this it randomly will stop logging just for the heck of it while the elapsed time just keeps on going?

Finally for the moment... Is there a way to kill the "self entering" numbers while your logging - may have all ready been discussed? Only reason I ask is because I thought I was chasing a dd issue on a gen 5 platform due to the throttle "appearing" to be jumping around only to play the log back and find I had a steady nice throttle reading? Not sure I like the self interpolating data numbers like this?

Thank You,
    Greg
    Any updates on these?
    Thank You
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I sometimes have an issue when flashing. Every so often when I write; it seems the process gets hung up, stops, resets, and resumes writing repeatedly. A normal write takes about a minute- 1:20. When this flips out a write can take 15-25 minutes or will fail after 10-15minutes. After it happens, I'll immediately re-write to make sure It didn't brick the ECM, and it it writes like normal.

Also, I can now no longer high speed write, that completely fails at the bootloader.
    2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0/4l80E

What ECM/OS?

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on these?
    Thank You
    For the airmass question, after chaning the Row Parameter to Cylinder Airmass, did you copy the airmass "values" from the editor and paste them into the "Values" field in the Scanner? I had the same issue until I copied those values from the spark tables in the editor...

For example:

SparkAdvance.png
    Last edited by jtrosky; 02-25-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I know I saw this in this thread but can't find it now. I get a invalid application key box when trying to read a vehicle, I've clicked the blue i and it brings up all the information
    including licensed vehicles I've tried copy and paste and typing it in to no avail. Also the read I'm trying to get is one I have a license for.

Thanks

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo3 View Post
    I know I saw this in this thread but can't find it now. I get a invalid application key box when trying to read a vehicle, I've clicked the blue i and it brings up all the information
    including licensed vehicles I've tried copy and paste and typing it in to no avail. Also the read I'm trying to get is one I have a license for.

Thanks
    Are you doing it with the interface hooked up? AND is the application key correct in the editor?

Jtrosky, I'll have to double check on the airmass settings. Got kinda burned out with having to reset the scanner so many times, I don't remember if I checked it or not?

I really do want the "self number interpolation" to where you can choose to have it or not. Pointless having sensor data to view if the scanner is inputting "it's own" numbers in......
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Are you doing it with the interface hooked up? AND is the application key correct in the editor?

Yes and Yes
    I seem to be able to edit tunes already on my lap top with out any problems, haven't tried to flash them yet. Just cant read them from a vehicle

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo3 View Post

Yes and Yes
    I seem to be able to edit tunes already on my lap top with out any problems, haven't tried to flash them yet. Just cant read them from a vehicle
    Also I still have 2.24 tried reading it there and it said the same thing never had a problem before

Advanced Tuner

Jtrosky, I'll have to double check on the airmass settings. Got kinda burned out with having to reset the scanner so many times, I don't remember if I checked it or not?
    Actually, something else I just remebered - there are multiple "default" layouts. 3.0 comes with the spark graphs (spark and retrard) showing in MAP. But you can change the default to use Cylinder Airmass by clicking Layout->Default Layouts->Diagnostics->O2 (mv)->Airflow (g/Cyl). Then the spark and retrard graphs will use Cylinder Airmass instead of MAP.

You can also change in manually like I did, but if you are using the default layout anyway, this way should be even easier.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What ECM/OS?
    Ecm: 10, vpw - p59
    2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0/4l80E

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Actually, something else I just remebered - there are multiple "default" layouts. 3.0 comes with the spark graphs (spark and retrard) showing in MAP. But you can change the default to use Cylinder Airmass by clicking Layout->Default Layouts->Diagnostics->O2 (mv)->Airflow (g/Cyl). Then the spark and retrard graphs will use Cylinder Airmass instead of MAP.

You can also change in manually like I did, but if you are using the default layout anyway, this way should be even easier.
    Thanks for this, but it didn't work either... I DID however "magically" get it to work by just reopening the very same layout that I had been using just seconds before

NOW, before moving onto any of the other problems, does anyone possibly know how to kill this "auto number entering"?????? Getting kinda tired of watching all of my numbers jumping up and down. Really making anything seen at all impossible to believe or use for tuning

Thank You

~Greg Huggins~

During playback, the gauge/chart will interpolate between data points, however, the channel display will still display the nearest actual value. This will be togleable in the future.

During live scanning, chart/gauge only show you the latest value, just like the channel list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuning Addict
    Awesome Keith, BUT for future reference if it will help anyone at all, changing the layout to default and immediately reloading it also fixed the weird interpolation of data while logging. I lost my tps channel, but just having the correct data made it worth it for the time being

Maybe a weird bug that existed earlier on that never got fixed entirely by updating? I have no idea????

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Had my first issues with scanning last night with build 3.0.31. Scanner would randomly stop logging, and freeze up. I was out in the car so it's attempts to upload the crash report failed. Some of the PIDs would stop logging also. The attached idle log shows some of the parameters stopped polling near the end of the log. I was able to collect a 1h45m log over the weekend, though, with no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list