Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    sure but the default value should match for an easier use. (easy fix for hptuners)

All newbie tuners will be degusted ...

Virtual VE sucks ....
    why on earth the scale doesn't fit the scanner table en E38.
    Trying to work with it today ... such a waste of time ...

When selecting the MAF PID, it doesn't detect automaticaly the Hz values rows, you have to writte it manually ...
    Just useless...
    I can't delete an axis parameter too ...
    Do you have anything constructive or nice to say? Its getting a bit old!

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Try selecting "Repoll for Supported Parameters" in the "Vehicles" menu.
    Thanks mate, just tried that but it is greyed out so I can not select it when either connected, scanning or disconnected. I also can not read dtc s

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Sorry about that. This will be fixed in tomorrow morning's release build.
    Thanks, I was going crazy for 45 minutes. Almost loaded a tune with all the values wrong.

Is there a way to display or find the full release number before downloading? In the download current build section it just shows 3.0 and not 3.0.17.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_will View Post
    Thanks mate, just tried that but it is greyed out so I can not select it when either connected, scanning or disconnected. I also can not read dtc s
    Sounds like you may have an issue with your install or something else. I would contact Support to get things sorted. Also, you may try uninstalling and re-installing the software.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I don't suppose there's a way to add tabs in the scanner? Tabs that would have a combination of Graph/Guage/Chart & Time set up in a combined view, then one could just toggle to this combined view tab, back to the other tabs that were dedicated to Graph/Gauge/Chart & Time. I hope that makes sencse.....

There are times when logging that I want to see both histogram (now graph), and my gauges. I'm sure I'm not alone there.....

There are times when I want my gauge view, or chart, or histogram up in full screen.

With the non-floating windows, I'm thinking if I had an option like described above, that might be a pretty good work around.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Tabs for multiple layout groups are on the to do list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    I don't suppose there's a way to add tabs in the scanner? Tabs that would have a combination of Graph/Guage/Chart & Time set up in a combined view, then one could just toggle to this combined view tab, back to the other tabs that were dedicated to Graph/Gauge/Chart & Time. I hope that makes sencse.....

There are times when logging that I want to see both histogram (now graph), and my gauges. I'm sure I'm not alone there.....

There are times when I want my gauge view, or chart, or histogram up in full screen.

With the non-floating windows, I'm thinking if I had an option like described above, that might be a pretty good work around.
    I liked having the floating Status Bit Display in 2.24... I've run 2.25 since the beginning and I'm with those that say they actually liked the floating windows of 2.24 better. But like everything else about 2.25/3.0 much MUCH better.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I had never thought about it but like that idea too.

Tabs should be an easy thing to add in VS ...
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-10-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Commanded gear not functioning correctly on these vehicles using 3.0.18.
    One is a four speed, the other a six.
    Trying to command second gear, it goes right on into third, then fourth like it wasn't even selected.
    Also, when selecting each commanded gear, is it best to leave the previous gear still selected and highlighted green? IE, if I want second gear commanded, would first and second be selected?
    My procedure on the dyno has always been to, start in first, select the second, then third etc.. then lockup the converter. All the while leaving the manual lever in Drive or OD.
    2007 Silverado 5.3 stock.hpt

Shane Barefoot 2012 Silverado stock.hpt
    Last edited by veee8; 02-10-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Thank you sir!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I liked having the floating Status Bit Display in 2.24... I've run 2.25 since the beginning and I'm with those that say they actually liked the floating windows of 2.24 better. But like everything else about 2.25/3.0 much MUCH better.
    I would MUCH rather have the floating windows of our "old school" 2.24, in both the scanner and editor. But if the boss says it's not an option, I'm gunna look for a compromise.

But I have to admit, I'm really starting to dig the new scanner, as I figure out how to use it.

Definitely need better visual aids for setting it up though. Took me two hours to figure out how to find a sensor number for a math filtering formula...... And after I figured it out, it's way-mo easier than 2.24.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by T4Supra View Post
    I did some searching and I haven't found anything on this yet but, has anyone had an issue viewing last value in Graph View. I am on the latest version, 3.0.17, and I checked some saved logs with 2.24 and I can see last values in the histograms. When I try to view it on 3.0.17 the option is either grayed out, even if I am in zoom data range, or if I force that view by selecting it in the Graph Editor there are no values displayed.
    "Last" is only intended to function while viewing the data live. I for one was someone that would replay logs and watch a specific set of cells. I did miss the "Last" feature for a little bit. But now that we can filter out transients with the filters in the graphs, it hasn't really been necessary.

By clipping the first and last little bit of of time off of the data each time a specific cell is hit, I am able to get a good average of how the engine responded to the tune while it was in the "meat" of the cell and not transitioning in or out of that cell.

By trying to use last, you either see the last value during a cell hit, which is often affected by transients; or you have to watch the log play and mentally filter it. I prefer to let the program do the filtering now that we have the proper tools to do so.

Keep working on your filters. They are vastly improved in 3.0

And the ability to View only the zoom data gives us yet a another layer of filtering.....Here is a closeup of a WOT run and looking only at the data associated with what we see on the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mowton; 02-10-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Been logging with 3.0 all day today. Thumbs up to HPT! Really like it over 2.24 and seems a lot faster.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
    "Last" is only intended to function while viewing the data live. I for one was someone that would replay logs and watch a specific set of cells. I did miss the "Last" feature for a little bit. But now that we can filter out transients with the filters in the graphs, it hasn't really been necessary.

By clipping the first and last little bit of of time off of the data each time a specific cell is hit, I am able to get a good average of how the engine responded to the tune while it was in the "meat" of the cell and not transitioning in or out of that cell.

By trying to use last, you either see the last value during a cell hit, which is often affected by transients; or you have to watch the log play and mentally filter it. I prefer to let the program do the filtering now that we have the proper tools to do so.

Keep working on your filters. They are vastly improved in 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    And the ability to View only the zoom data gives us yet a another layer of filtering.....Here is a closeup of a WOT run and looking only at the data associated with what we see on the screen.
    Thank you both. I had not played with the filtering yet but, now that I have I can see the benefits.

Yep, V3 is really nice and the filtering down to certain "zoom" levels is nice

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys..my IDC is working when I am logging but when I save the log to review it later the IDC is not reading!!is there something I have done wrong or it has been worked out at today's 3.0.18 version?thanks

Advanced Tuner
    patently waiting for a 2.24 piggyback and RTT.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by Panos z06 View Post
    Hey guys..my IDC is working when I am logging but when I save the log to review it later the IDC is not reading!!is there something I have done wrong or it has been worked out at today's 3.0.18 version?thanks
    Got a log you can post? I can check and see if it shows up on mine or not