Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FixxxerKH202 View Post
    I wouldn't, the old configs will not work with the new scanner because they changed file format and I can't for the life of me figure out how set anything back up that isn't a standard option. For the vehicle I tune it has multi VE and I basically can't do anything without setting up user defined parameters.
    3.0.006 can open up 2.24 histograms. It does a pretty good job, but you might need to massage the fields a little bit.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    files that were used in 2.24 and 2.25 can be used and opened and resaved?

also say a car was tuned with 3.0 and went to another shop that is still using 2.24/or 2.25

can the binary open normally?
    All tune and log files created in 2.24 and 2.25 can be opened in 3.0

If a car is tuned with 3.0, it can still be tuned with older versions of software.

2.24 software cannot open files created with 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    You built in some excellent products into 3.0, BUT the guys that have been doing this for years and built dozens of scanners for different cars and builds are back to square one. That's stupid that the scanners don't carry over. Sounds easy to "just unload 3.0 and reload 2.4" but its not when your in the middle of a calibration. Plus on my customer page there is only the option to download 3.0 and not 2.4 anymore. You should leave 2.4 up on the download page for those guys that need it in a crunch.
    3.0.006 can open up older histogram files.

We're looking into the option to open up older scan config files.

We need to release a new 2.24 that can install on it's own. We will do that in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Hewitt View Post
    Interested to learn more about viewing third party .csv files. I attempted to open some .csv I had exported with 2.24 but got and unable to open, incorrect file header warning.
    This feature is still in development.

We have not implemented the .csv format of 2.24 though. That will be lower on the priority list. 3.0 can open up 2.24 log files.

We're looking at importing third party files.

Tuner
    just figured out...I renamed the folder v3.0 was installed in, than uninstalled VCM Suite from uninstall programs in the windows control panel, reinstalled 2.24 and 2.25 beta, I now have access to all 3 versions of scanner & tuner... maybe this help some of you out...

3.0 is just newer 2.25 beta that is stable for release, no need to keep 2.25 beta around.

You mention the 3.0 scanner is faster, but how much faster? This would be the main reason for me to upgrade.

Looking for a table like this one that is in the old help file. Thanks

hptloggingspeed.PNG

The 3.0 Changelog says:
    "•The internal scanning methods have been improved for faster scan rates.
    •OBD Support for CAN 250kb/s and ISO 14230 (European KWP 2000)."

But that doesn't help me too much...
    Last edited by Atomic; 02-02-2016 at 09:44 AM.

In the new scanner, some parameters are available at 100 times per second. (100hz)

So, to generalize:
    Some parameters will be 2x-4x as fast
    In many cases, you can log more parameters now and still receive the same speeds as before
    In many cases, logging the same parameters now will be noticeably faster than before.

It's not a simple 1x vs 2x comparison, so I can't just give a simple metric or table.

Tuner
    How to Open old Histogram Files?
    06 LQ4 2500HD CC LB 4wd 4.56, Dana 60,
    17 3500HD 6.0 srw
    GenIII Unlimited GM Full Size Truck/SUV
    Serial cable to WiFi

I don't suppose you have a list of the sample rates from sensors/parameters do you?

It sounds like I need to mess with it to see what has been increased. I ask because before on a 48 byte system I always kept it at 24bytes, if I went to 25 the frame rate dropped in half for all parameters. It sounds like the new system works on a different timing system so some parameters will update faster than others?

Quote Originally Posted by blucreek View Post
    How to Open old Histogram Files?
    Graph Layout Editor, click the Open icon.

You need VCM Suite 3.0.006 or newer.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I don't suppose you have a list of the sample rates from sensors/parameters do you?

It sounds like I need to mess with it to see what has been increased. I ask because before on a 48 byte system I always kept it at 24bytes, if I went to 25 the frame rate dropped in half for all parameters. It sounds like the new system works on a different timing system so some parameters will update faster than others?
    We have an internal list.

It sounds like you understand the basics. It should be pretty easy for you to test this on 3.0, you can see where the thresholds are for different parameter sets. The will be higher than before in most cases.

3.0 is dynamic where as 2.24 was "block/frame" based. The 3.0 engine is much better at getting the data you want at a fast rate, and keeping the data you aren't that concerned about at a slower rate.

You can help the scanner decide what to do by right clicking the channels and changing their desired polling interval.

Potential Tuner
    On my 06 duramax under engine there is no fuel section, or turbocharger section under torque management
    hp tuners 3.0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SumtinCoo View Post
    On my 06 duramax under engine there is no fuel section, or turbocharger section under torque management
    Are you saying they were there before? Are you in advanced view?

Post your file.

Tuner
    3.0 Progress, I am able to open old "Histograms" (2.25) into "Graphs" in 3.0.7!!!! Thanks Keith
    06 LQ4 2500HD CC LB 4wd 4.56, Dana 60,
    17 3500HD 6.0 srw
    GenIII Unlimited GM Full Size Truck/SUV
    Serial cable to WiFi

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    3.0.006 can open up 2.24 histograms. It does a pretty good job, but you might need to massage the fields a little bit.
    Problem is I had user defined parameters for the histograms to reference and those I can't create on the new version. My engine is a multi-ve and I had filters created to pull the LTFTS against the cam position which were done in the configuration not in the histograms section and the histograms used them as a reference. I cannot find those options on the latest version.

I attached my configuration and histograms on an earlier post. Open it up and take a look. Maybe I am missing something.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Are you saying they were there before? Are you in advanced view?

Post your file.
    My Truck - LBZ Superchips v3.hpt

yes they were there in 2.24 and im not sure how to get into advanced view, i didnt have to do that for 2.24 so i never messed with it.

Senior Tuner

yes they were there in 2.24 and im not sure how to get into advanced view, i didnt have to do that for 2.24 so i never messed with it.
    Select "Edit" => "View" => "Advanced"
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Select "Edit" => "View" => "Advanced"
    apparently that fixed it. thank you!

Looks like your in basic view. Under the Edit menu, open the View sub menu. Select Advanced.