Thread: 4l80e swap, 02 Yukon, Limp Mode, no DTC, repinned, segment swapped, I'm stumped

Tuner in Training

4l80e swap, 02 Yukon, Limp Mode, no DTC, repinned, segment swapped, I'm stumped

As the title says, I have an 02 Yukon where I'm trying to swap the 4l60e with a 4l80e.

I'm stumped.

4l80e was rebuilt entirely. New everything including solenoids. Internal dual feed mod, Sonnax Sure Cure AFL kit, pump drilled to prevent seal push out.

Attached are the files I used. Stock, Segment Source and Current file starting with Read_2_Seg...hpt

Can someone review my Read_2_....hpt tune?

VSS in front and rear both read seemingly proper values.

I've run diagnostics on the solenoids and here are the results.

---------------
    12v verified at pin E on PCM to trans connector.

1-2 solenoid 20ohm, A, OK, clicks with 12v

2-3 solenoid 21ohm, B, OK, clicks with 12v

PCS, pressure control solenoid 4ohm, Force Motor, OK

TCC solenoid 10ohm, OK

Temp sensor 4k ohm, OK
    ---------------

On stands I...

Tried to force shifting like so, stuck in 2nd:

Tried to drop to first by playing with 1-2(A) and 2-3(B) Solenoids. ON-OFF combo should drop to first, right? No dice! Calculated ratio confirms no shift and still in 2nd.

I even supplied 12v to the trans and forced 1-2(A) to ground and no 1st gear or change of any sort.

Here are the DTC I've enabled on first MIL: DTCs (P0500, P0608, P0700 to P0724, P0740 to P0757, and P1504)

I could really use some input. I'm stuck. This is my first swap ever and I've tried to do my homework!

Thanks,
    -Eric
    Last edited by tgui; 01-09-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I verified the input VSS is working. I read that if it wasn't then the trans goes into limp mode. I disconnected it, got 0 rpm on input VSS log and caught a DTC immediately.

Tuner in Training
    I also commanded shifts again.

A-B Solenoids
    - 1st, clicks heard. ON-OFF
    - 2nd, no clicks, OK, OFF OFF
    - 3rd, clicks heard OFF-ON
    - 4th, clicks hears, ON-ON

Tuner in Training
    I'll not ask too much, but does someone have any input? I'll be doing a pressure test soon.