Thread: 2014 Silverado 5.3 Driver demana - A

Senior Tuner

2014 Silverado 5.3 Driver demana - A

Anybody know what this table does?
    Last edited by 8850; 03-14-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Senior Tuner
    This pretty much explains it. Had not seen this. http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...vanced_e78.htm

How much can these values be increased safely?
    Last edited by 8850; 03-12-2014 at 07:41 AM.

It's a demand table, so it's going to be personal preference. Some people like having them soft down low then have it ramp up quickly, others (like myself) want it as linear and as close to a throttle cable as possible. On a stock vehicle you shouldn't need to increase the bottom 2 rows much if any at all, the rest I would just start playing with 5% at a time and get it where you like. Also, keep in mind that decreasing areas in this table may give you better feel than increasing them. Take a look at the differences between map A & C of the C7 Corvette for a good example of this.

Ohh yeah, make sure you update to the latest version of HPT as well, some of the earlier versions would set any negative value you change (if still negative) to 0 in the Driver Demand tables.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for the info guys!

I have looked all over for that in my 2014 5.3. Where is it located?
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mm_n_p View Post
    I have looked all over for that in my 2014 5.3. Where is it located?
    Engine, TM, Engine, Map - A

Oh.. I remember that one, the one that says "modify at own risk". That scared me so I left it alone.

Senior Tuner
    Try the first table and if you like it then the second.

I can see your method of madness on those, that's close to how I was wanting to approach it but on a much smaller scale. I'm just gonna give the aggressive one a try and see how it feels.
    It was so much easier before, now I have to figure out how all this torque management interlaces with each other through out the calibration... I'm sure it will snap one day and become much easier but for now, back to school.

Thanks a bunch

Heck yeah, that's a lot better. Thanks a bunch... I bet if you mess up and add an extra digit down low, like off idle, you could tear a garage door out or something, LOL. That why it says edit at your own risk.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mm_n_p View Post
    Heck yeah, that's a lot better. Thanks a bunch... I bet if you mess up and add an extra digit down low, like off idle, you could tear a garage door out or something, LOL. That why it says edit at your own risk.
    Glad you like it! Don't think you will hurt anything with modest gains but I would go slow and test first. You don't want to end up spinning the tires with 1/4 throttle! lol