Thread: LTFT's still off.....

Tuner in Training

LTFT's still off.....

How many logging runs does it usually take to get the LTFT's in line?

I've made 4 runs so far, and my LTFT's are still off. The first run indicated the truck was running rich, all runs after have been running lean. The latest run was still showing numbers around +10. Granted, today's run was in 25-deg cooler temps, which I know has an effect.

Just wondering what the average number of runs it usually took.

I've also kept the MAF plugged in so I don't get the IAT error (P0113?), but the MAF Failure is set to 0 Mhz.

I've seen conflicting info on this part. When I do a logging run, I do reset the fuel trims, and turn on trim learning. Is this correct?
    Havalanche
    2005 Avalanche Z71
    5.3L 3.42 Gears CAI 3" Flowmaster
    6" Pro-Comp Lift 35x12.50x17

Senior Tuner
    some cars dont like failing over to SD instantly, which causes MAF still to function, partially ignoring your LTFT changes. what you want to do is fail maf, and see if it throws the 102 code. i like to turn off the MIL but leave the SES on for MAF fail, so my SES light basically is my SD light
    if it still doesn't wanna fail over properly, pull the maf plug, that will teach it right

Tuner in Training
    I double-checked.....With the MAF plugged in and the MAF fail freq set to 0, it was not throwing the P0102 code, only the P0103 code.

With the MAF unplugged, it is now throwing P0102, P0103, and P0113, which have all been set to condition 2 (No Mil Lite).

The logging run I just completed gave different values (this time all negative), so maybe I can now start making headway into getting the VE set. Then, I can start on the MAF and the PE.

Thanks for the info.....
    Havalanche
    2005 Avalanche Z71
    5.3L 3.42 Gears CAI 3" Flowmaster
    6" Pro-Comp Lift 35x12.50x17