Thread: LS2 harness 06 GTO ECM conversion FAN issues

Tuner in Training

LS2 harness 06 GTO ECM conversion FAN issues

Fans come on as soon as the key is on .. I have Turned the codes off for the AC compressor . I have changed all values in the Output state vs Fan controls I thought these were PWM fans but the tune is listed as Discrete

Quote Originally Posted by Casey23 View Post
    Fans come on as soon as the key is on .. I have Turned the codes off for the AC compressor . I have changed all values in the Output state vs Fan controls I thought these were PWM fans but the tune is listed as Discrete
    You have configured the tune to run both fans (or High fan) all of the time.

Look at State vs Desired % ....

Fan 1
    • OFF = 25%
    • ON = 50%
    Fan 2
    • OFF = 50%
    • ON = 90%
    Then look at Fan Desired % vs ECT ...
    • you have set all cells to 100%
    This means that both fans (or High fan) will run all of the time.

Tuner in Training

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.. The State vs Desired % is stoc I didnt change it..and looked at 2-3 others and its the exact same ... I didnt change that one only the Fan desired but nothing changed.. I know the issue with the the State vs Desired % Table or the Output control Vs state i didnt have the info on how to understand them.... I just wanted fan 1 to come on at 195 and off at 185 thank you

Attached is a PDF of stock 2006 GTO fan settings - as an example - yours are not stock.

The lowest available cell is 192 F - which must be an OFF setting for the fan(s) - or they will run all of the time. The next cell is 196 F - which is the lowest available ON setting.

The fan switch points (ON / OFF) cannot be configured for temperatures outside of the available cell values.
    Last edited by Shrek; 02-10-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Tuner in Training

Fan settings

I had two base GTO files but neither matched what you posted ... I will try and use what you listed.. So at 196 degrees put 50 that turns on number 1 Fan when i put 98 in 200 degrees it will have both fan 1 and 2 running on high speed? Do i need to change the Fan state vs output controls? or the Output control Vs state? the AC relay is an open circit

In the tune you attached to post #1 the Fan Relay Controls (State vs Desired % / Output Control vs State) are OK (these are stock settings).

To configure fan operation you need to adjust Fan Desired % vs ECT. The fan switch points for the tune you posted are listed in post #2.

The first cell (192 F) must be set to 25 or less - this will turn off all fans. A setting of 50 to 89 will activate Fan 1. A setting of 90 to 100 will activate Fan 2. A setting of 26 to 50 will turn off Fan 2 (if it has been activated) - but will leave Fan 1 on (if it has been activated).

If you are using a single fan setup don't use a value greater than 89 in any cell - and wire the fan to the Low fan control of the E40 ECM.

Just to confirm - your 2006 GTO E40 ECM has the fan output controls on the Blue connector (C1 / X1 / J1). The Low fan is pin 36. The High fan is pin 56.

Hope this makes sense ...
    Last edited by Shrek; 02-11-2013 at 07:05 AM.