Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2.2l ecotec Turbo 440cc 42lb tuning

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    You changed the plugs?
    Still getting a few misfire but that could be because your still rich.
    O2s still staying rich most of the log but looking at your wideband it is getting better.
    (O2s may need to be replaced if it still acts lazy)

Good log though you did go into PE a few times, in this next file I maxed the PE TPS table so you dont go into PE.

Copy all Tables over and next log get into rpm ranges above 3800 but with a slow throttle movement watching for Knock and Lean conditions in high rpm ranges.
    ok here is the results

Senior Tuner
    Sorry been very busy today.

Something is weird, seems to be getting much closer watching your Wideband, but I think your O2s may be gone, doesn't always match AFR and in some cases way off.

Here is 2 files to log with.

One open loop and I also have a closed loop one here as well because I want to see how fuel trims react compared to the AFR.

Also you can do Multiple logs, example
    Up to 3800 Rpm, and on scanner watch Histo #9 LO RPM and have Value set at C "count" so you can then try to get more cells filled and see how many times you have hit them.

Do the same for 3800 RPM and up watching the #7 VE AFR Error

Something is weird, seems to be getting much closer watching your Wideband, but I think your O2s may be gone, doesn't always match AFR and in some cases way off.

One open loop and I also have a closed loop one here as well because I want to see how fuel trims react compared to the AFR.

Up to 3800 Rpm, and on scanner watch Histo #9 LO RPM and have Value set at C "count" so you can then try to get more cells filled and see how many times you have hit them.

should i copy all tables cuz you changed the afr and decel in this tune?
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 09-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Senior Tuner
    ya I tweeked them a bit and turned PE back on
    copy all

all done here we go lol

looks like with these numbers i have to put ve offset to 90 and replace my o2 sensor.
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 09-13-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Not necessarily, possibly not.
    The O2s was better with the closed loop file and it is hard to tell about fuel as you are not getting a lot of counts in the upper cells.

You can see in the 100%TP vs 3.8rpm you need to remove fuel then in the 4.0 range you need to add

But if you look at the counts you had 107in the 3.8 but only 9 or less the rest of the way up.

Need more counts in these areas to get better data.

Dont be afraid to drive around and log in third or even second gear to get as many cells and as many counts as possible.

Again if you can do both a Open and Closed Loop log

Senior Tuner
    I look at these histograms as I am logging, though I generally have someone else driving.

I look at these histograms as I am logging, though I generally have someone else driving.

What about ve offset I think we should be at 90 we are maxing out the high rpm

Senior Tuner
    i am not believing those number completely because not enough hits in those cells.

Try this one more time but get more counts up in that area.

Should be good, if not we can raise it.

i am not believing those number completely because not enough hits in those cells.

Try this one more time but get more counts up in that area.

Should be good, if not we can raise it.
    Ok will do thanks for the help

sorry i didnt see the other tune you posted but i logged more on the last tunes open and close but mainly high rpm so ill post both old and new logs open and close loop. the old logs have more low rpm in them. let me know if you want me to try the other tunes you posted or can post new ones based on the logs. i think we are getting close but still think ve should go up to 88 or 90%. i did not change the o2 sensor but here is the logs

Senior Tuner
    which logs are from this last tune?

which logs are from this last tune?
    Post number 42 tunes

The ol and cl are high rpm and open and closed are low rpm
    Last edited by hiwiredjuice; 09-14-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Ya I just looked at them and can tell they are not from last tunes.
    The latest tunes should get you much closer then we can work on PE

I am not sure I can help over weekend but will try to get a few minutes.
    If not, though, you can get some really good logs of these last 2 tunes.

Drive in a lower gear in the high rpm ranges so your not speeding like crazy lol, even in last log cell hit count was only an average of 12.

Ya I just looked at them and can tell they are not from last tunes.
    The latest tunes should get you much closer then we can work on PE

I am not sure I can help over weekend but will try to get a few minutes.
    If not, though, you can get some really good logs of these last 2 tunes.

Drive in a lower gear in the high rpm ranges so your not speeding like crazy lol, even in last log cell hit count was only an average of 12.

That's on is appreciate all the help I can get lol. I'll try the latest and log them. How many counts would youlike to see

Senior Tuner
    It truly is a case of "The more the better"
    I would shoot for a minimum of 100 counts per cell you can hit.
    that should be quite easy if you drive around in a lower gear though, but always release throttle slowly to avoid deceleration.

In fact use this for the Open loop as it should help with the dfco but still always use slow throttle movement both for accel and deccel.
    Can also use brake to get extra load to hit more cells.
    Last edited by planethax; 09-14-2012 at 08:54 AM.

that should be quite easy if you drive around in a lower gear though, but always release throttle slowly to avoid deceleration.

In fact use this for the Open loop as it should help with the dfco but still always use slow throttle movement both for accel and deccel.
    ok here is what i have trying to get 100 cells at high rpm is going to take forever and using brakes at that speed will kill them. already killed my rear brakes the other day. ill try to shoot for as many cells as i can around 20 it just takes a long time to get it. afraid starting to burn out oil rings. but ill see what i can do. prob cant log tonight its raining here no good for that but ill post when done.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    iirc as long as your not exceeding +/- 25 ltft and same with stft your computer can rope fuel in clsoe enough to keep the cylinders safe until they are tuned to the proper afr. the ring killer is timing so lower the ignition -2 or -3 from factory until your closer then lift it so it doesnt generate cylinder heat.

iirc the fuel trim max is 25 cells so unless you exceed that its still keeping you safer. usually you wont exceed unless you run a fully ported head, 3" intake which skews the maf, and headers.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

well looks like i blew a oil seal in the turbo just ordered a rebuild kit should be here by wednesday looks like im out of tuning till then i will post the logs prob on thursday. it does seem to be getting really close still little off but we can work with it then. thanks for the help

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    inspect the widbands both car and aftermarket if u run one. oil on them screws everything up 8(
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman