Thread: TPS getting stuck at 1-2%?

Potential Tuner

Exclamation TPS getting stuck at 1-2%?

I'm not even sure if this has anything to do with the tune or not but I am experiencing a cruise control effect at low speeds. Once i get on the throttle just a little to get going from a stop I will let off and still be accelerating enough to take me from 1st gear to 2nd. TPS is reading 2% even when my foot lets off the gas. If i am parked and i just rev it a little the TPS will also stick at around 1 or 2% and my rpms will just hang around 1500-2000. The car is a 1998 camaro ss a4 with heads and cam build

Tuner in Training
    I just had a similar issue. I ended up disabling the TC until 37 mph. I am going to do a throttle clean reset once the rain passes by from Isaac

If you are not stock TB, or even if you are, check the cable adjustment out of the cruse control box. There is a splice section with an adjustable clip. (at least there was in '02)

I had to give it a bit of slack on my '02 LS1 after putting on a NW 92mm TB.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 09-02-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    I had my TC enabled at like 30 and disabled around 27 mph. I am running a NW 92mm TB and cruise control cable is not connected. I actually have it just pushed back in my engine bay out of the way of everything. where is the cruise control box?

Going from memory as the car was sold, but if you follow the throttle cable back from the TB, it curves around toward the passenger side to a box in front of the strut tower. Half way along this cable is a splice point with a spring tab clip arrangement to allow adjustment. Press down on the tab and put a bit of slack in the cable at the TB if it is too tight. Sounds like yours is different.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    All my tuning problems are fixed. Had Bryan Herter at Pcmforless help me out

Tuner in Training
    Any idea what was done to correct the problem? Might be helpful input to others, in a similar situation.