I have a 2002 TA with a LS1, 383. I switched to another PCM, now I have an error code P1336 CRANKSHAFT VARIATION RELEARN. I tried doing the VCM Controls, then special, then Case learn. I followed the instructions as noted:

CASE Learn: To use the CASE learn function please follow these steps:
Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual).
Turn off all accessories and A/C.
Turn the vehicle off.
Apply the parking brake.
Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
Start the vehicle and let it idle.
Press Begin.
Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.

I assume you do NOT "start scanning", just connect the tuner and open the window (at least that is the only way to get the "begin" to be active. I revved the engine to around 4000 and it then indicated rpms too high??? I then noticed that the "begin" box was active again. Question is how do you know what the fuel cut-off rpm is? I really do not want to keep revving the engine this high. Is there a way to set the fuel cut-out? Any suggestions on getting this to work?