Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ve table values completely whacked!!

I would try to find a tune from someone else that is running the same MAP you are, and copy the MAP values to your tune. Are you changing the values under engine diagnostics, airflow, map sensor, map sensor linear & offset, etc? I know you changed them in the scanner, but how bout the tune? Maybe double check it, you could have changed it and it didnt get saved or something wierd happened, always good to double check. And there are plenty of 3 bar tunes to sneak a peak at to see if you missed something. G/L
    Last edited by gn2beatu; 02-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

The map linear and offset are already setup in the 3bar os, i switched to a 2 bar tune now since i had an extra sensor on hand and all my readings seem to be falling in line, even at idle my kpa is around 50 instead of 70kpa, which 50 sounds proper for a 224 cam..

i guess my 3bar is faulty i have to bench test it

Wow, that sucks. Glad you got it figured out. Now you can get that VE dialed in perfect. It makes sense that with a bad MAP that it would throw the calcs all over the place...sigh.

Oh well, at least the engine wasnt damaged, so your good to go.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Tuner in Training
    just a quick update

car is tuned with the 2 bar sensor and the ve table is all good now.

thanks to everyone for all of the input.

Yes hopefully if anyone else runs into a similiar issue this thread will help them out, and thanks for hpt supports for being very promp with returning emails and helping solve my issue...

and yes a couple hrs of tuning and the serpentine belt shooting off because of a bad ps pump the car is a complete beast as i suspected and hopefully there wont be anymore snags.. lol