Thread: Take a look at this! Need pointers.

Cool Take a look at this! Need pointers.

This is a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado with ported heads, Mp1900 Maggie @ 7.5 Lbs. Cam, and headers. Can someone take a look at our runs and say where my tune needs help at? Also why are my exhausts so black??

Thank you,
    Robbie.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

is your stabilitrak warning intermittent? From looking at the log looks like your lean at WOT, lean cruise tables and some misfiring going on...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Arrow

On a hotter day, the Stabilitrak warning will come on pulling a hill with a trailer (1000 Lb load) and the torque converter staying locked up at about 65MPH. It starts to lug and runs severely rough until you increase the speed to about 70 or make the Torque Converter release. But, as for these runs that we performed, nothing out of the ordinary came about. I'd like to learn how to adjust the MAF and make the fuel do what it needs. (No I don't have a Wideband yet) The tune has come a long ways from where it was though, and I'm sorry I'm still learning as this HP Tuner is quite a bit of a stretch compared to the computer programs I'm used to Can you help? BTW: Your Trailblazer is running about the same exact Cam as this truck. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Robbie.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Figured out some of my problem. The motor wasn't put together correctly at Scoggin Dickey. It's slowly been wiping the cam, and my oil would be a beautiful metallic color to paint a vehicle with. As the cams been eaten off I keep having to accommodate my tune to it...... Wish I woulda checked the oil sooner.... Oh well. Hopefully to be installed in the NEW motor, is a Lunati Voodoo. After all is said and done, I'll post tunes and logs. Thanks guys.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

What table do you use to command the desired AFR, and I really need some help calibrating the MAF. I don't understand the concept of how to adjust it.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Use some good break in oil like Brad Penn or at least Valvoline VR1 Racing oil. The old flat tappets really need that extra zinc for the break in. I learned the hard way, it sucks.

Talking Yup

Thank you for the insight. I had a change of plans.... Again. I ordered an old style 6.0L shortblock from an 05 GTO that's being built with Flat top lightweight pistons, Standard crank, Old style Corvette rods, and here's the kicker, the cam out of an 09 ZR1. I'll be installing my 8 series heads on this, along with all the goodies and the Magnacharger. It's going to be psycho. And the way it was on a hard launch would bounce the front tires! I can't wait!

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray