Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install 2.22 and 2.23beta on same computer???

Tuner
    Anybody figure a trick out yet to get them both on the same computer? I tried on my Vista Laptop with no sucess and yesterday I bought a Alienware Windows 7 and still no luck. Any ideas...?

Read bboy's method carefully and it will work. I did it yesterday.

Created an extra user profile and call it HPTunerBeta

When it comes time in the install process to choose a folder to install into, choose C:/Users/<your user name>/Desktop.
    This will install HPTuners 2.22 VCM Editor and VCM Scanner on to the desktop

Switch users over to the previously created HPTunerBeta user name
    When it comes time in the install process to choose a folder to install into, choose C:/Users/HPTunerBeta/Desktop.
    This will install HPTuners 2.23 Beta VCM Editor and VCM Scanner on to the desktop

When you do this you end up with 2.22 Editor and Scanner installed on your normal Desktop and 2.23 (current beta) Editor and Scanner installed on the HPTunerBeta's Desktop.

Switch users to use the one you want to.

An easier way in Windows 7 is to just install one or the other and copy the executable files out to a different location. Install the second version (it will delete what is left in the HPT Program files folder) and then, in the new install make a sub-folder for the one you copied out earlier. Put them there and create a shortcut to run them.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Or use Windows XP mode to use 2.22.. I would just not use the installer for the msi of 2.22. Just extract and then extract the data1.cab contents to a directory of your choice.. lets say HpTuners2.22.. Run from that directory.. Edit the inis and such to reflect your choice of cfgs and histograms to load - on the chance that hpt2.22 might point to 2.23's cfg files (and possibly mess them up).
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Thanks guys i figured it out.
    TSP H/C 430WHP

I use 2 HP Tuners and 2 cables on my laptop. I have a cable of my own for home use and a company owned cable I also use. I have Windows Vista and Windows XP on one hard drive. The XP originally came about since Tunercat OBD 1 and OBD 2 are really only XP friendly and then I realized that two operating systems allow for two HP Tuners to be installed (and two seperate cables). I only use beta though as I have no use for 2.22. The minor bugs don't bother me.