Thread: ZR1 tunes

ZR1 tunes

can anyone here confirm that the ZR1 contains no burst knock retard in the stock tune? It looks like the ECT multiplier has got it turned off. Just want to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Tuner
    According to a stock tune that I down loaded from the tune repository, it looks like GM has zero'd it out until it reaches about 218 degrees. Then the computer will probably start linearly interpolating from 217 up to 259 where the multiplier is set at .9. So at 218 degrees ECT, the multiplier would be .021429. It will keep increasing linearly as the ECT increases. Then you also have to add in the IAT and RPM multipliers as well. So it looks like they have reduced the burst KR at lower ECT's but it's still there as the engine gets warmer.

Advanced Tuner
    Certainly looks like it is zero until the ECT gets high though maybe they multipliers are added together to come up with a final multiplier. Be interesting to see a log that really shows no burst KR at all until ECT exceeds 217*.

the scan is why I was asking. I wasn't sure if there was a table missing, or possibly a bug. I couldn't imagine that a supercharged vehicle with instantaneous boost wouldn't have burst knock implemented. Especially when you see a basic 6.2 NA has LOTS at all engine temps.

Anybody have a log of a stock ZR1 at WOT? Very curious to see it