Thread: SevereEngine Knock

SevereEngine Knock

I was scanning a bone stock 2002 holden with stock calibration and noticed a severe engine knock at 4000+RPM plus and car feels slow so i stopped the car immediately.

I don't see any DTC codes but one of the O2 sensors go extremely lean at that point. any clue on what this is? I know its nothing to do with the calibration.. so its either a mechanical issue or faulty sensors.

Advanced Tuner
    Well from what I have seen it's not that uncommon to have even moderate amounts of KR on stock calibrations sometimes so I would not go as far as to say that their is technically a problem somewhere however I am at a computer right now where I cant check out the log either.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Well from what I have seen it's not that uncommon to have even moderate amounts of KR on stock calibrations sometimes so I would not go as far as to say that their is technically a problem somewhere however I am at a computer right now where I cant check out the log either.
    Yes but i can really here the knock.. the power drops instantly.

Does it Misfire? (Injector PW looks right) Check plugs / wires / coils on the corresponding bank maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy0x1 View Post
    Does it Misfire? (Injector PW looks right) Check plugs / wires / coils on the corresponding bank maybe?
    plugs has been changed and same issue.. will check the coils and wires as well.. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    Yes but i can really here the knock.. the power drops instantly.
    Oh the knock is bad enough where it's audible, yeah I would say yes then you got something wrong.

How many miles are on the car? Has the fuel filter ever been changed? I know I have had a couple different vehicles where the fuel filter has gotten dirty enough that when I took it off to install a new one I couldnt even blow through it. Just throwing that thought out there, a badly plugged up filter could be causing a crazy lean condition or you got a fuel pump getting weak.
    2017 Silverado LTZ