Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09 zr1

yeah, stock timing on a cts-v from the factory was commanding around 23-24*! I was like what? decreased the timing and leaned it out, it gained quite a bit..

with the iats, i just 0'd out the spark adder till around 20*C just to make sure it's running safe

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    yeah, stock timing on a cts-v from the factory was commanding around 23-24*! I was like what? decreased the timing and leaned it out, it gained quite a bit..

with the iats, i just 0'd out the spark adder till around 20*C just to make sure it's running safe
    very similar in the ZR1, its scary, especially when the IAT vs spark tables commands an increase of 11 degrees at a certain area, which although I will never reach in our climate, except that it doesnt make sense to me, 22+ 11 = 33 degrees?

Im zeroing out all spark additions or ill come up with a very MILD spark adder table that starts at + 0.5 degrees, 1, 1.5 so on so forth, possibly up to 4 additional degrees in the very low IAT regions, and reduce the aggressiveness of the spark retard after 60degrees C, then look at the AFR which is in the high 10's, I think 11.6 should do better than 10.8, ill then get back to the HO spark tables and get as high as I could with a margin of safety of course.

Potential Tuner

Smile zr1 tube problem

i have a 2009 zr1 and i habe the 2.23 beta < and what happened is after i downloded the file i did some adjusment to the base tune < 2 degrees on low rpm and took out some ristrictions on the traction controle> however, while downloding the file the transmition was interupted somehow and the pcm was fried . atleast that what the guys down at the dealer told me. so they have replaced the pcm ... note,, the windows was opened and i couldnt close them too before i replace the pcm... is there is a specific way to download the tune in the new zr1 thanx guys

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure you are doing a write entire on E67 pcm's as they will not take write calibration only's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    oh man thats why then!!!!! thanx alot man ...

any tips on the zr1 tunes to start with